Hair Was Pulled Out With Thinning Shears - What Kind of Treatment is There? (Photo)

Here are photos of my head shaved an one of how my hair was before cut at a number 3 guard.I had a ton of hair pulled out by a barber with a pair of thinning shears that did not cut but pulled my hair out, . I am 40 years old before this happened i had mild thinning in my crown area that started when i was 20 at the same age my hairline receded about a inch an never moved again

Solutions following bad haircut

+1
Sorry to here about your bad haircut experience.  Thankfully a one time bad hair cut experience, even if the hair was pulled out, shouldn't result in permanent hair loss.  I would definitely encourage you to try topical rogaine and or propecia to address the overall hair loss and thinning issue.  Once your scalp has recovered from the shock of the shears, you should notice normal hair growth returning.  If you still feel the crown is too thin, you may be a good candidate for hair restoration depending on the overall density of hair growth on the back of your scalp.  Good luck 

Hair Transplant Will Help

+1
Earleast  Thank you for the pictures but a consultation is necessary for  an accurate assessment.  I , myself , had a very similar hair line.  Three months ago I had a hair transplant performed by my expert team  (google You tube Dr Berkowitz Hair Transplant).

I can offer you a transplant:
  • Without Linear Scars
  • No Staple
  • No Sutures
  • Faster Healing
  • Comfortable environment
I have patients travel from Ohio all the time.  As a realself patron you would receive 2 nights hotel stay included.

During your consultation we can also talk about other things that you can do to maintain your current hair.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hair loss by shears

+1
This type of hair loss is essentially a type of traction alopecia. It is temporary and you should return close to the density as before the shears were used. 

It might not be 100 % matching because traction can sometimes accelerate genetic hair loss a bit. 

Long standing traction hair loss can be permanent but not a one time event like described

If concerned be sure to see a hair specialist for consideration of minoxidil (can speed regrowth of traction) and possibly topical steroids (can also help early or "acute" traction hair loss

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Toronto Dermatologist