Ask a doctor

Any Treatments for an Old 3rd Degree Burn? (photo)

Hi, I am 19 years old, when I was 2 years old I got burnt and have old 3rd degree burns on my arm and leg, are there any treatments I can do to make it look as normal as the rest of my body ?? Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1)

Lasers for burn scars


Hi, yes there are options to help improve the appearance and texture and range of motion with some of the newest laser technology. I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist with advanced training in laser surgery. There are fractionated CO2 lasers which can improve burn scars in the above qualities with a series of treatments. Good luck.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.