What is the Best Non-Laser Treatment for Vitiligo?

I'm currently 16 years old and a few months ago on the middle of my nose, i saw a blotch of skin that was lighter then the rest of my skin. I asked my mom's friend who is a doctor, and she said it waas nothing. However my mom says to use sunscreen. I use it everyday and nothing. I'm really worried about this. Any help? Like treatments without usuing laser?

PUVA

+1

Another light modality PUVA, psoralen plus ultraviolet A. This has the advantage of being much more palatable to the insurance companies. Takes about 20 light treatments but has a decent  success rate.

Protopic ointment 0.1 applied twice a day, eilther in conjunction with PUVA or by itself. A potent topical steroid can also be tried.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Light blotch of skin, vitiligo?

+1
First, get a diagnosis. See a dermatologist and make sure that what you have is actually vitiligo. If it is vitiligo and it is a small area, Protopic 0.1% ointment twice daily is a non-laser option that may help, albeit slowly.

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist