Best Treatment for Indented Surgical Scar? (photo)

Im 24 and have had an indented scar on my forehead since I was about 3. I fell and hit my head on stairs and had to get stitches. The indentation bothers me and I would like to 'fill' it in. What would the best treatment be? Thanks!

Fat transfer

+2

I would see a plastic surgeon to see fat transfer would work. Other options are lasaer resufacing or fillers.

Forehead scar revision surgery in Los Angeles

+2

Indented forehead scars are difficult to treat, but may benefit from a combination of scar revision surgery coupled with resurfacing laser.  Scar treatment can make scars look better, but not completely disappear. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Treatment for indented scars

+2

I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist with expertise in lasers. There are a few ways to treat this type of scar which include using lasers to remodel the scar tissue and fillers to help plump the skin back up. 

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar

+1

vertical scars of the forehead can be difficult to treat because they run against the natural tension lines of the forehead. depending on what was originally performed you will benefit from a revision with tissue rearrangement

Improve forehead scar1

+1

Thank you for your question about your forehead scar.

1. The scar is indented because your injury crushed the forhead tissue.
  2. Surgical scar revision is the first step - the scar is cut out and then skin is closed with Z or W plasties to hide the scar in natural forehead lines.
  3. After scar revision,peels, lasers or dermabrasion may improve the  result even more. Care is needed to avoid discoloring the forehead skin.

Best wishes!

Forehead Scar

+1

Indented scars can be improved.  Sometimes they need to be revised surgically followed by careful aftercare treatments.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.