Treatment for Broken Blood Vessel Around Eyelashes?

I have broken little red vessels, one in particular that are really bothering me. They are so close to my eyelashes both under my eyes and on my eyelids. Is there any way to treat these? They are driving me crazy!

Broken blood vessels around the eyes

+1

Dear Freshblooms,

It is difficult to treat broken blood vessels on the eyelid margins because the laser used to treat these cannot be used in that area without risk to your vision (even if you wear eyeshields). Given your description, however, I must encourage you to visit a dermatologist and ask him/her to take a look at them as well as your lips, tongue and cuticles. You should make sure these broken blood vessels are not a sign of something internal going on (like liver disease or Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasias/Osler-Weber-Rendu).

Good luck,

Dr. Mariwalla

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon