Ask a doctor

Can You Treat a Dennie Morgan Fold?

I have the ugliest Dennie morgan fold under my eye due to allergies. I don't even want to smile anymore it's so ugly. I am becoming incredibly self conscious over it. Is there anyway for it to go away?

Doctor Answers 5

Dennie Morgan Folds

This is not a surgical correction. If you have these types of folds with allergies, you need to have your allergies under control with cortisone nasal sprays and antihistamines. 

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 60 reviews

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Fold under the eye

Although you are relatively young I would recommend a lower lid blepharoplasty involving the skin and underlying muscle.  This should be rather straight forward and solve the problem for years to come.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the risks and benefits.

All the best,

Tal Raine MD

Talmage J. Raine, MD
Champaign Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Under eye skin issues

A simple method to treat loose or excess skin of the lower eyelid is by cutting some of it off.  This can be done with a skin pinch procedure.

Steven Wallach, MD
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

You might also like...

Folds under the eyelids

There are a number of possible treatment options to improve the skin folds you are noticing. Skin resurfacing procedures vary from acid peels to various types of lasers. Hyaluronic acid fillers can also improve the appearance of the eyelid. A plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in these therapies should be able to discuss them with you, and the advantages and disadvantages of each.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These are often unrelated to allergies.

The folds can be treated with hyaluronic acid fillers. You just need to see some one who treats a lot of these. This treatment is an art form. So yes there is help but you need to find the right injector.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Los Angeles Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.