Can You Treat a Dennie Morgan Fold?

I have the ugliest Dennie morgan fold under my eye due to allergies. I don't even want to smile anymore it's so ugly. I am becoming incredibly self conscious over it. Is there anyway for it to go away?

Dennie Morgan Folds

+2

This is not a surgical correction. If you have these types of folds with allergies, you need to have your allergies under control with cortisone nasal sprays and antihistamines. 

Fold under the eye

+2

Although you are relatively young I would recommend a lower lid blepharoplasty involving the skin and underlying muscle.  This should be rather straight forward and solve the problem for years to come.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the risks and benefits.

Tal Raine MD

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Under eye skin issues

+2

A simple method to treat loose or excess skin of the lower eyelid is by cutting some of it off.  This can be done with a skin pinch procedure.

Folds under the eyelids

+2

There are a number of possible treatment options to improve the skin folds you are noticing. Skin resurfacing procedures vary from acid peels to various types of lasers. Hyaluronic acid fillers can also improve the appearance of the eyelid. A plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in these therapies should be able to discuss them with you, and the advantages and disadvantages of each.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

These are often unrelated to allergies.

+2
The folds can be treated with hyaluronic acid fillers. You just need to see some one who treats a lot of these. This treatment is an art form. So yes there is help but you need to find the right injector.