Which is better...flying (1hr) or driving (6 hrs) with lots of stops 5 days after a BBL and tummy tuck?

Traveling from LAX to SMF after BBL & TT. I plan on having a BBL and TT. I will be arriving a day before surgery and hopefully flying (1hr) or driving (6 hrs) with lots of stops 5 days after. Is it safe to go home that soon and would it be better to fly for and hour OR be driven for 6 hours with frequent stops? I have already been told I an health enough to have this combined surgery.

Travel

+1

After the surgery you definitely want to be more comfortable, if you drive or ride in a car will not help your condition at all, the best thing to do is to fly there and reduce the travel time.

Dr. Campos

Surgery and travel

+1
I usually want patients to stay in the area for a week or two after surgery to make sure that things are healing OK.  Best to ask your doctor his preferences.

+1
    If you have a vehicle in which you can rest on your side, I would recommend the drive with frequent breaks.   In patients who have much longer flights or live in other countries, I will ask them to stay for up to 2 weeks if a tummy tuck is involved.