Best Treatment Options?

I have boxscars from large cystic acne, my dermatologist reccomended CO2 , but I heard that the fillters are better than CO2 ,also can boxscars be removed completly from the skin , or be lifted up?

Treatment of Boxcar Acne Scars

+1

If the acne scars are truly of the boxcar type, filler may help improve them a little, but they will need resurfacing to smooth out the edges. A lot of physicians push laser, but excellent results can be achieved with electrosurgery, dermabrasion and/or chemical peeling. I recommend you consult with a board-certified physician experienced in treating acne scars.

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=24

Fractional laser treatment for acne scars

+1

Hey Raul,  In most situations a fractional laser treatment series to any scar on the face is better that any filler can achieve.  There are both cold fractional treatments with erbium and hot fractional treatments with CO2 and then there are systems which offer both cold and hot fractional treatment for those people who need both.  In general I use cold for those who only have scars and in those people with more than average skin tones to minimize pigmentation risks.  The hot or combination treatments are for those who are actually looking for skin tightening as well as treatment of scars.   Be sure your doctor can offer both modalities as it is important that you receive the care that is right for you!

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Acne Scars

+1

Hi Raul,

Boxcar acne scars (which appear as pitted, rolling scars on the skin) can be greatly improved by treatment with fractional CO2 laser.  While fillers can lift up the pitted areas of acne scarring to some degree, most do not deliver permanent improvement.  I find that fractional CO2 laser resurfacing delivers the most dramatic improvement of pitted acne scars.  Laser resurfacing with the fractional CO2 laser stimulates the production of your skin's own healthy collagen, which fills in the areas of acne scarring.  This improvement is permanent.  

Web reference: http://www.clearclinic.com/laser-scar-treatment/