Tooth Sensitivity After Bonding?

I got my teeth bonded few weeks ago...and sometimes feel sensitivity (while eating) on one of my teeth that has a bonding since that procedure. Any cure? Thank you.

Sensitivity After Bonding

+1
Ocassionaly, I will get sensitivity after completing a patients care. First I ask my patients to return to my office and I check their bite and recure the bonding-sometimes you are so numb that once you are back to normal your bite can be off! Sometimes the patients have deep cavities and may need a root canal. Call your dentist and ask them what they do!

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth Sensitivity After Bonding

+1

Years ago teeth were sensitive almost 100% of the time after placement of composite restorations (bonding) on back teeth. With newer materials this problem has been dramatically decreased. These materials are nevertheless extremely technique sensitive. However, even in spite of ideal placement teeth can occasionally still be sensitive. If the tooth is sensitive ONLY when biting on certain harder foods then the sensitivity will go away on its own in a few days, sometimes a few weeks and on rare occasions a few months. If the tooth is sensitive to cold you should have your dentist check to make sure the restoration is not "high" or that you are hitting prematurely on the new restoration. If you have lingering sensitivity to cold (you drink something cold and 30 seconds later the tooth still bothers you) or spontaneous sensitivity to cold you may have a tooth that will require further treatment.

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth Sensitivity After Bonding

+1

Bonding is an extremely technique-sensitive procedure! If all steps are not followed EXACTLY, the result can be sensitivity for a while. Also, have your dentist check the "bite" on the bonded teeth. If the bonding is a little too high, it would also result in prolonged sensitivity.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist