Permanent and Quick Option for Teeth Gap?

I have a gap between my two front teeth, probably 3 mm wide. I want a permament and quick option. Can you tell me if "tooth bonding" is suitable for me? I've also come across something on the Internet called "tooth effect bands" but I'm not sure I trust them. They're pieces of rubber bands that are supposed to push your teeth together.

Gaps and bonding

+4

If you want it done in one visit, then bonding is the way to go. Bonding is considered a permanent material, but that doesn't mean it will never need to be redone, it most likely will at some point. Orthodontics might be the best choice, but it takes longer and will be more expensive. Keep in mind that traditional orthodontics or Invisalign might not be permanent either. If you don't wear a retainer, then a gap can open up again. Stay away from "tooth effect bands".

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding - Closing the Gap

+1
Hello there...yes dental composite bonding is the quickest, easiest way to close a gap between teeth.  The most common gap to close is the one between the two front teeth. There is an art and a science to bonding that many general dentists have not taken the time to master.  I have personally removed many "bad" bonding's and redone them.  Factors including color (added composite was too dark), shape (one tooth did not match the other), mirror image (the two front teeth were left asymmetrical), and/or margin lines (the meld between tooth and composite was visible.)  The very best advice for you is to look for a board accredited cosmetic dentist in your area who has trained then passed a series of examinations on the art and science of cosmetic dentistry.
New Haven Cosmetic Dentist

Closing the Gap Between Front Teeth

+1

The space between front teeth can be closed with bonding, this is the most economical and conservative approach.

However, over time the bonding can discolor and will need to be replaced. Need to keep in mind also that the teeth will become wider and a mock-up prior to placing the bonding permanently can give the patient a better idea how things will look. The gap can also be closed with veneers, but it is more costly,  requires two appointments and will be more drilling on the teeth. Can not stress the importance of mock-up for more accurate evaluation of the size and shape of the teeth for a more successful outcome.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Bonding For Front Teeth Gap

+1

I am afraid that dental bonding will not be a good option for your to close the gap between your front teeth.   A 3mm space is fairly large and attempting dental bonding to close the space will make your front two teeth look much too wide.  A much better approach would be to place two porcelain veneers.  By doing veneers you give the laboratory the freedom to close the space without making them appear as wide.  In addition, the lab can match the color of the existing teeth through digital shade imaging.  This process will only take two visits and give you a MUCH better result.  

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Permanent? Maybe not

+1

Few things in health care are permanent.  Ask your dentist what solutions will give you the best value for your money and help you get what you want, but it's healthier to start with 'how long' instead of focusing on 'permanent.'

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Front tooth gap

+1

While cosmetic tooth bonding with  plastic tooth colored filling material is a quick and economical approach towards closing a front tooth gap, ceramic veneers will offer a more permanent treatment option.  This is because the ceramics are more color stable and stronger materials which renders them less likely to chip.

Laurel Cosmetic Dentist

Closing gap in between 2 fron teeth

+1

If you want to close 3 mm gap fast and effectively - bonding is the way to go. You will increase the width of each tooth by 1.5 mm, which is not very significant amount. You have to remember that bonding material with the time might change the color, but then again you can replace it very fast end effectively too.Good luck!

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

+1

Bonding can be a good solution for a gap like this. But not always...

If your teeth are attractively shaped and proportioned now, bonding can make them look too wide. Teeth bands may help make the space smaller, but will cause other problems like making space in the teeth next to those. There are a long list of problems that can be caused including that the space will come back later.

Bonding when it is done by a skilled cosmetic dentist, can produce a beautiful result. In my office we would offer you computer smile imaging so that we both could look at it and decide if that looks good on you. We may even do a bonding simulation so we both could look at it as well. 

If you want a quick simple improvement, bonding is most likely the answer. If you want a perfect result, it might even take some porcelain veneers to create the right proportions.

Find a great cosmetic dentist, be as specific as possible about what results you want. Think through what you are willing to invest in cost and time to accomplish it. Then have a great conversation. For a (true) cosmetic dentist, these topics are daily ones and he should be able to guide you to a choice that works well. Thanks, Dr. Scott Greenhalgh, DDS

Web reference: http://www.ScottGreenhalghDDS.com

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

No Bands to The Gap

+1

You Want a permanent quick option for your gap, veneers would be the best option for a permanent solution if you're looking for quick than bonding is the way to go just keep in mind that bonding does discolor in time & eventually you would need to change it. Braces is another option but you will probably have to wear a retainer once you complete treatment so that gap won't re-open.  Veneers are not porous so they won't change in color the veneer is a porcelain material and looks very natural if done right.  I recommend whitening so you can brighten your smile before doing any treatment.

Woodbury Cosmetic Dentist

Closing gaps in front teeth can be done with braces, bonding or veneers

+1

Choosing the best option for you to close a front gap is to have a mock -up done by your dentist.  Obviously,  the ideal treatment is to have braces but that does not always close your gap.  Bonding tooth colored plastic that matches the color of your teeth can be done with out noticing and is a less expensive choice than veneers.  If you want to close gaps and change the color of your teeth then you need to either whiten first or do veneers.  Bonding does not change the color of your teeth.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.