How Many Chemical Peels to Achieve "Baby Skin?"

How Many Times Should I Do Peeling??I Want to Have a Baby Skin!!!

How Many Chemical Peels for Baby Skin?

+2

Hi Ashorena.  As the other practitioners have pointed out... if you came into our office looking for baby skin with chemical peels, we would probably turn you aware or significantly lower your expectations.  If you want soft feeling skin, maybe you should try using Retin A or glycolic acid products daily.  Alternatively you could try microdermabrasion once per month.  

If your issues with your skin are wrinkles or pigment, then you should probably consider lasers.

Sorry but it ain't never gonna happen.

+2

Ashorena

It is important you have honest and straight forward dialogue with your cosmetic surgery so that you have realistic expectation.  There is noting like a babies skin.  Even my 8 year old does not have the skin she had when she was a baby (please don't tell her that).  Yet no 25 year old will have the skin that my 8 year old has.  Currently we have no methods that restore facial skin in that fashion.  What we attempt to do with treatment is reduce the objectionable issues and overall improve skin quality.  We are quite good at doing that with a variety of methods.  It is important to understand that the punishment should fit the crime.  Overly harsh treatments are not appropriate for every issue.  It is important you get care from someone who truly understands skin and the limitations of the various treatment methods.  In general several lighter peels are not the same as one deeper peel.  Please recognize that deep chemical peels and harsh laser treatments are best when the skin damage from time and sun are severe enough to make these harsh treatments and there expected side effects (and they all have side effect) worth while.  Your job is to find a cosmetic surgeon who you trust and understands the skin to help guide you in the right direction.  I would start with a well respected dermatologist in your community.

Expectations management for chemical peels

+1

A chemical peel will never help you achieve "baby skin.". They can, however, improve the texture, tone, and even the pigmentation of your skin. The number of peels required will depend on your initial condition, your goals, and the type of peel you select.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

No amount of chemical peeling will ever change adult skin to baby skin

+1

No amount of chemical peeling will ever change adult skin to baby skin. But repeated superficial and/or medium peels will continue to improve the skin and make it more youthful in appearance.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Your question is difficult to answer because there are 3 levels of peelings available. Light, medium and deep. So the deeper peels you would only need one time. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Realistic expectations are important with any procedure

+1

I might be generalizing, but it is usually a correct answer that no amount of chemical peeling will undo all the years of sun damage, environmental damage, etc that we all endure as we age. Babies also have a different type of collagen as well as a layer of fat under the skin that gives it particular youthfulness. A series of chemical peels or certain lasers can dramatically improve your skin, but not make it the same as an infant's skin.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Chemical Peels: Current Techniques

+1
A chemical peel can be used to exfoliate the skin (superficial peel) or to treat wrinkles, photoaging, color changes, and skin irregularities (medium or deep peels). However, the end result is entirely contingent on the starting point. Better stated, a good skin care regimen with daily treatment, sun protection, and healthy habits (e.g. no smoking, etc.) will serve you the most over time. To treat signs of photoaging, a chemical peel is a great option that compliments an excellent skin care regimen.

Be healthy and be well,
James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Chemical Peels and baby skin

+1

No amount of chemical peels guarantees baby skin. The effectiveness of the peel and the end result is dependent upon your own genetics, skin type, type of sun damage and wrinkling, technique with peel and concentration of tca used.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon