Breast Implant Redo - Will Larger Implants Look Higher and Fuller?

I have had these current breast implants 425cc Saline for about 14 years. I feel they are too low for my taste. There is nothing wrong with the currents ones I just don’t like them. This decision is hard on me due to family and friends saying I do not need the surgery. I have had a consultation before and the physician said that if I go up to a 500cc to 550cc saline that he can get them higher and full again....what are your thoughts

The 425s have it

+5

Dear Pembroke,

I don't know how old you are, but those implants look pretty darn good and quite natural.  We have a saying in Plastic Surgery, "perfect is the enemy of good".  You look better than "good" as it is, so don't look for perfection.  You might not like what you find.  Good Luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast_aug.asp

The bigger they are, the harder they fall (breast implants, that is)...

+4

I often explain to my patients that I can remove extra skin in the breast, which will change the skin QUANTITY.  But I can't do anything about their skin QUALITY.  If skin has lost some of its elasticity, then using a larger implant will be a very short-term "fix".  Looking at your photos, I believe you need a breast lift.  I would not use a larger implant (unless you really really wanted it, even after hearing the risks). 

Upper pole fullness is something most women want, but it's truly not something found in "real" breasts.  You can achieve that look with a good bra, fortunately.  A bigger implant will get you more upper pole fullness, but only temporarily, as your skin will settle and stretch.  For now, I would recommend a breast lift with the same implants (or new ones in the same size).

Implant exchange vs. lift

+2

If you feel that your breasts are hanging to low after having them for a number of years you may want to consider a lift. It is possible that the implants themselves will not need to be removed or replaced for this procedure. Talk with your original surgeon and ask their opinion about your situation. Bring pictures of what you would like your breasts to look like and ask your friends and family for support.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Higher fuller breasts will require a lift

+2

In my opinion, you have an excellent appearing natural result. The size increase you describe will likely produce greater fullness but it will not likely be long lasting and may be relatively minor. If you truly desire greater fullness up top, you would  need a breast lift to reduce the size of the implant pocket in the lower portions of your breast. This will require significantly more scars and for that reason, I would adivse you to reconsider.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/implant-replacement/

Periareolar breast lift in Beverly Hills

+2

In my professional opinion, increasing your breast implant size from 450cc to 500 cc would not make a significant difference in terms of lifting your breasts. Depending on if you are happy with your current breast size or if you would like to be a little bigger, you can consider changing your breasst implants to a 500-550 size and also have a peri-areolar mastopexy. while the mastopexy will help to raise your breast, it will make the breasts look a little smaller or flatter, which can be balanced by increasing your breast implant size!

Web reference: http://www.beautifulself.com/breastaugmentation_results.htm

You may find short term happiness

+2

What you are asking your surgeon to achieve is one of the commonest requests in redo breast surgery.  Increasing implant volume will make you happy while the new bigger implants are tight relative to your skin envelope.  This will last perhaps a year or two at best.  After that you will have bigger implants in the same position as your existing implants but with a greater problem with more stretched skin.  The only solution I've found that works to do what you're looking for is to change to a textured implant which sticks to the tissue and therefore descends less with time together with a breast lift.  This choice involves a lot of compromises and my guess is that you're better to leave your breasts as they are.

Good luck.

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant Revision

+2

An implant will not make your breast higher. Implants add volume only. Sagging naturally progresses, larger implants are heavier and may be prone to more sagging. So right after surgery with a larger implant, you will see more fullness, however, the increased weight and volume over time will aggravate your mild sagging. There is no such thing a permanent or long term superior and medial fullness.

Don't look for trouble with larger implants

+2

you have lots of info in all the other answers so i will just throw in a brief opinion rather  than list options. it appears that you have a pleasing looking result right now, though perhaps not exactly the look you would prefer. before spending time , effort and more money, evaluate the risk you assume with more surgery vs the potential for long term benefit.....in my opinion it is probably not  a good idea. you are not a piece of clay that a surgeon can mold into any shape you might want to be. avoid the temptation for more surgery .....!!!!

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift vs Larger Implants

+2

It appears from your photo that you have a significant degree of breast ptosis or sagging.  I do not think that will be corrected to your satisfaction with changing to a larger implant alone.  You probably need a breast lift with or without a slightly larger implant.

Higher and fuller breast.

+2

If you like your breast size but do not like the sagging the best answer is to do a Breast lift. There would be some scars but they usually are very acceptable.

Changing the implants to a larger size but it will not guarantee that the breast will be higher and fuller , they may be , they may not be.

Arlington Plastic Surgeon