Radiesse to Widen a Thin, Long Face?

I Have a Thin, Long Face-can Radiesse Work in my Cheeks And/or Jaw Area to Widen Its Shape

Radiesse for the cheeks and chin reduction will help with a thin long face.

+2

Your chin should be reduced as well as filling in the radiesse for the cheeks.  Radiesse runs about 650 per syringe and can be costly but does last about a yr.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for facial shaping

+2

First of all, you are lovely and don't 'need' anything but if you were going to be picky, when I look at the picture you posted (though limiting because of their angle....and never as good as seeing you in person) I would recommend Radiesse for the upper cheek and mid face rather than adding to the jawline. It doesn't appear to be widening that the face requires as much as projection forward in that upper cheek, just below the eyes, not even laterally.  I think you would find your face much more balanced by doing that.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Filler or Sculptra can be used to enhance facial shape

+1

Fillers that have a good lifting capacity such as Radiesse or Perlane can be used to augment the face in areas that need more fullness or a better balance with other areas of the face. One of my favorite ways to balance the face is with Sculptra, which is a stimulator of collagen, rather than a space-occupying product. By placing Sculptra in the areas of relative thinness it's possible to create a subtle change in facial shape and balance. It is even a great way to deal with areas of boney imbalance and not just soft tissue imbalances. It's amazing what can be accomplished with filler and volume/collagen stimulation without surgery. 

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Volumizing a thin face

+1

There are many fillers that can be used to volumize sunken in cheeks.  You have a little flattening of the inner cheek near the nose that can be filled in along with the mid cheek. This can be done by Radiesse, Perlane, Juvederm UltraPlus, Fat Injections and Sculptra, but the latter is a seed rather than a filler. What I mean by that, is Sculptra incites development of collagen production months later and takes several treatments. As  your chin is somewhat prognathic or forward placed, a reduction in the profile length of the chin will make the face look less thin.  There are risks with all treatments, and certainly more with bone surgery than filler placement. 

Ronald Shelton, MD

Options for Thin/Long Face

+1
Radiesse can build up volume.  It is not my typical first choice for this though -  Sculptra is -  but it can provide a nice amount of improvement.  Seeing more photos would be very important to evaluate your situation.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long face and radiesse

+1

Radiesse works well for contouring the face and would give you some increased volome. I think that you should also consider sculptra as that is another way of replacing a reasonable amount of volume. Just depends on how much you want added and how quickly. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Radiesse for cheeks is perfect

+1

Radiesse is great for VOLUME REPLACEMENT. It can help with shaping your face as well. But a lot depends on your bone structure. I would recommend seeing you local dermatologist for an evaluation.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Filler and face shape

+1

Dermal filler substances such as Radiesse, Restylane, or Juvederm are often used to replace volume loss due to genetic predisposition and/or long term sun damage. In order to widen a thin/long face shape, dermal fillers can be injected into certain areas of the face to create the appearance of a fuller face.

Peter L. Kopelson, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Non Surgical Cheek Augmentation Works Well for Widening and Contouring the Face

+1

Nonsurgical cheek augmentation is an excellent way to widen, contour, and round the shape of the face. Radiesse is a wonderful and relatively long-lasting material for this purpose. Juvederm UltraXC is another volumizing agent, and I have found these two agents, especially when combined and layered and molded into place, to be excellent for this purpose. Since there is very little movement of the cheeks, relatively speaking, the results of a nonsurgical cheek augmentation may last for an extended period of time. I have had patients who have gone more than three years before requiring a touch up. 

An enormous advantage of a nonsurgical cheek augmentation is that it is adjustable with time. As our face ages, there are changes in both location and amounts of the fatty compartments of our face that give it its volume and contour. Injectable semipermanent materials, such as Radiesse and Juvederm, are metabolized gradually by the body's natural enzymes. This means that going forward through the years, the physician may add and precisely adjust the placement of the materials where they are needed to keep the face looking youthful. Volumizers permit the adjustment of cheek contouring to the needs of the moment, unlike surgery where the possibility exists that what might look good today may not look so good in five years when the face has changed with age.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Radiesse is a good option to widen the face but consider Sculptra

+1

Radiesse is a great option to widen the face.  It is long lasting, effective, and is one of my preferred fillers.  However, some patients can require a fairly large amount of Radiesse to achieve their goals and, thus, Sculptra may be a better option from a cost standpoint.  Sculptra lasts longer, for most people a couple of years, as opposed to a year for Radiesse.  Unlike Radiesse, Sculptra does not take effect right away, which can be an advantage and a disadvantage.  Although seeing your photo is helpful, I would suggest your contacting a physician experienced in a variety of fillers, so that you can hear the pluses and minuses of each. 

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon