Are There Any Successful Treatments for my Hypopigmentation Scars? (photo)

I've been getting hypo-pigmented scars from acne on my face and chest for years. I'm 30 and fair skinned. I have Hashimoto's. Autoimmune diseases run in my family. Acne comes in waves. I'd be lying if I said that I've never 'picked' at any of my acne, but the scars appear regardless of if I touch them or not. I understand adding pigment back in to the skin is hard. I won't consider permanent makeup. I don't go in the sun. I've not consulted a doctor yet because I'm embarrassed about it.

Improving sun damage and white spots on the chest

+1

The best solution would be to begin Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM for the hyperpigmentation, followed by interval fractional co2 laser to even out the complexion and color. 

Difficult to treat but there are some potential treatment options

+1

This is a challenging thing to treat. First off, although it can be really hard to resist the urge, I encourage you to do your best to avoid picking at any spots. This will likely make the hypopigmentation and scarring worse. I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist with expertise in lasers in your area. There are a few different potential options to consider, however, none of them are guaranteed to work and you would want to see someone who really understands laser technology.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon