Is There Anyway to Help Heal the Numbness After a Tummy Tuck? Its Been Almost 5 Years.

I am suffering with itching down my lower abdomen since my tummy tuck. But my skin is numb and I cant get to the itch. It makes me almost have a panic attack. It is a helpless feeling. Is there anything that can repair nerves? I should have had a mini and not a full tummy tuck. Now I have to suffer the rest of my life. Is this normal?

Some numbness of skin after tummy tuck is normal.

+1

Hi.

Your symptoms are very unusual because they are so severe and long lasting.  Unfortunately, the numbness by this time is permanent.  But the itching sensation may be helped with nerve blocks.  See a pain management specialist (they are usually anesthesiologists).

Loss of Sensation After Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Unfortunately, there is no surgical solution. It is also difficult to say whether additional sensation will return, given that you are already 5 years out of the procedure.

Sorry, cannot be of more help. Best wishes.

Anesthetic areas five years after a tummy tuck are probably permanent.

+1

An area of numbness five years after a tummy tuck will probably be that way indefinitely. There's no operation to restore sensibility.