Is There Any Way to Have a Body Lift As Pro Bono Work to Use the Excess Skin for Skin Grafts Ect..in IN? (photo)

I have recently lost over 130 pounds due to illness and I am now left with sagging skin on my thighs, butt and belly and have little to no breast left. I am a single mom, unable to work and I am currently waiting on Soc Sec. I have heard that these type of surgeries can be done for free if the excess skin is donated to burn victims. I would really like to know if this is true and where I can find a surgeon.Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've included pics. I am 5'7 and 130 lbs

Is There Any Way to Have a Body Lift As Pro Bono Work to Use the Excess Skin for Skin Grafts Ect..in IN?

+1

GREAT job on the weight loss! But where you you hear about free surgeries or yes the "pro bono" stuff??? The costs to operate are fix kind of so to have a TT surgery the costs range from $3,000 to $5,000 Who is picking that up?  Thus best to save and obtain the surgery. 

Pro bono bodylift?

+1

Hello and thanks for your post and photos. For a high quality body lift operation by a certified surgeon it is best to save up your money and when you're financially ready then have your surgery. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Body Lifts and Pro Bono Surgery

+1

Dear Jessiec2003,

First, congratulations on your weight loss.  Like many patients after having lost the extra weight, you are frustrated because the extra loose skin and tissues also did not go away.  Unfortunately, the myth of having the needed surgeries to correct the extra skin problem for free in exchange for helping burn patients continues.  With modern skin culture techniques and the newer skin replacement products, there is little to no need for excess skin in burn treatment.  Your best option is to contact one of the medical schools in your region that has a plastic surgery training program.  Many of these programs have clinics where the plastic surgery residents see the patients and perform the needed surgical treatments.   These clinics are supervised by the attending plastic surgeon so the residents are not operating alone but the surgery will be performed by the residents and your care will be handled by them also.  The good news is that you often get the surgery at a very discounted rate and you help train the next generation of plastic surgeons.  Best of luck.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon