What is the Best Option for Curing Dark Circles Other Than Surgery and Injections? Supplements Perhaps? (photo)

Respectable doctors, I am a 21 year old, South Asian, male. I have had dark circles as long as I can remember and have decided that they are hereditary. I have never visited a dermatologist however my plastic surgeon had recommended a bleaching cream. I am a bit nervous to follow through with his recommendation as I feel that not only is the pigment dark, the skin is very thin in that particular area. I am wondering if there is a cure other than injections or blepharoplasty? Vitamin K supplements?

Best Treatment for Dark Circles Under the Eyes

+1

Hi AK,

Unfortunately there is not a good treatment for dark circles under the eyes.  Restylane is used to fill the hollow under the eye which helps decrease any shadow effects.  Otherwise there is not an effective treatment.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Bleaching creams are very disappointing for this issue for most.

+1

The dark circle is generally optical not pigmentary per se.  This is why fillers can help but they do not cure dark circles.  There is no cure so be careful if you are promised this type of help.  Improvement is a realistic goal.