The Left Vein on my Neck Becomes Visible when I Am Talking, Can it Be Removed? (photo)

When I am speaking normally, it will come out. Only my left, not my right. I am 16, female, slim, and healthy. I have a somewhat bad posture with my shoulders and back area. Every once in a while, I get irregular heartbeats for 2 seconds. Do they affect how my neck vein shows? Is there any surgery I can get to hide my neck vein? I am very insecure about it. Please please reply as soon as possible, thank you.

Neck vein

+1

This neck vein is part of normal anatomy, and shouldn't be removed.  Hopefully you can try to accept it.

Toronto Dermatologist

Venous Cosmetic Vein neck

+1

You have a mildly prominent external jugular vein that is visible when you speak. Pick a favorite female singer and watch them hit the high notes. All the veins stick out on their neck becasue of incressed venous pressure with the air you exhale. This normal. One could have it removed but it would be hard to find a surgeon to do it. The scar would be worse. Hopefully, you can try to accept that is normal. Check out Gwen Stefani or Mariah Carey.

Jeffrey W. Kronson, MD
Los Angeles General Surgeon