What is the best kind of corset to wear after liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, back and bra-line?

I have to get traditional liposuction because my fat will be transferred to my butt and hips. I just want a corset, not a full bodysuit. What material should my corset be made of? Should it be the hook eye kind or should I get a pull-over 'torsett' or 'spanx' ? I want to use the most effective corset to pull my core in after my surgery. Also, how do I know what size to buy? I was a medium/large when I was at my ideal weight. I now wear 1X. My surgery will take place next month.

BBL and garments

+1
If you are having a brazilian butt lift in combination with the liposuction, then I prefer the full body garments with the cut-out buttock regions and the padding to compress the lower back.

I personally do not like corsets for BBL, but you should follow your surgeon's guidelines

+1

Thanks for your question. 

In my opinion, corsets are not a good option for Brazilian Butt Lift (which is the common name for the procedure you described as liposuction to those areas and transferring that fat to your butt) because it compresses and may mark the transition from your lower back to your butt. There are post-op garments that have two holes in the back (called "butt out") which allow compression in most of the areas (that had lipo) and avoid compressing the butt region. 

The best thing is to follow your surgeon's guidelines and not buy just any garment. 

Hope this helps on clearing your doubt. 

Take good care of yourself, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD

+1
Thank you for your question, I would recommend to ask you plastic surgeon directly, most of the times your Doctor will provide the garment, its best to use the one your Doctor suggests to achieve the best possible results. Also After surgery your body is very delicate, so any garment with wires or other attachments will create dents or will undo the countering process that your surgeon has worked on.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
   The best person to ask is your surgeon, because he or she will have the input that matters.  For instance, the results and the methods I use to achieve results is likely different from that of another surgeon.