What is the Best Things to Eat After TT Post Op?

I am 1 week post op, on my TT and I want to make sure that I am eating all the right things can you, give me a list or suggestions of what the best things to eat are. The thought of eating things like Stake just have no appeal to me and all I seem to want is Crushed ice and fresh fruit. Should I add Ensure to make sure i am getting something I am missing? I am 42 and I take a from the Surgeon

What to Eat After a Tummy Tuck

+3

As long as you are having normal bowel movements, you can eat whatever feels good for you as long as it fits in a well balanced and nutritious diet. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Food after a tummy tuck

+3

One week after a tummy tuck, you can eat whatever you want to. It is important to make sure that you have enough protein and calories in your diet in order to provide the necessary building blocks for healing. Don't over do it on the calories but also don't starve yourself - this is not the time to be on a calorie restricted diet. Multivitamins and high dose Vit C can surely help in the healing. Make sure that you have a lot of fiber in your diet as this can help minimize the risk for constipation which can also be increased with the pain medication.

Discuss this with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

+2

It is normal not to be very hungry after TT but you should add some protein to your diet, either in food or smoothies or shakes. Your body is healing and this is needed. But try and balance your diet and not just take in sugars like fruit. But expect to get full faster and lose a bit more weight...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

What to eat after tummy tuck

+2

After a tummy tuck I recommend a high protein, low carb diet, low salt diet. Don't worry about the calories for a coiuple of weeks - you need them to heal. Vitamins with extra minerals are always good. Avoid gassy foods such as beans, whole grains, pasta and some veggies like lettuce, broccoli and corn (among others).

Best Things to Eat After Tummy Tuck Post Op?

+2

Similar to serious body building, for a Tummy Tuck to heal properly your body requires a high intake of lean protein along with a balanced diet. This is NOT the time to go on a fad diet. If the body does not receive enough protein and minerals it will remove what it can from existing tissues and you will heal poorly. I would focus on greek yogurt, tuna fish, skin milk etc rather than fruits, cereal etc.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Diet after tummy tuck

+1

The first few days liquid to soft diet is recommended.  After that doesn't really matter.  

Diet after Tummy Tuck?

+1

There is no specific “recommended diet” for the post-tummy tuck patient.  A well-balanced diet with high fiber and  a good protein source would obviously be helpful. Adding a protein shake ( to each meal) if necessary may also be helpful  especially if your appetite is curtailed ( which often happens during this period). Frequent hydration is also important.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm