What's the Downtime for Vbeam Laser for Scar Redness Treatment?

I have a scar which has been red for a long time. I have tried silicone gel creams, fraxel restore and smartxide dot laser treatments which have not got rid of the redness of the scar tissue. My next option is to try V-beam perfecta laser what's the downtime for asian skin.

...depends on the area.

+1
Generally we try to achieve a bruising setting, in this case downtime maybe 4-5 days. It really depends on the areas treated, and the parameters of the laser used.

Hope that helps, regardsDr Davin Lim Consultant Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Reducing scar redness with a pulsed dye laser

+1

I would recommend the pulsed dye laser for reddish scars.  The redness can be improved with a few treatments. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

V-Beam is highly effective for the redness in scars

+1
In order to remove the redness in scars you generally have to do the V-Beam at a higher setting and have some bruising.  This bruising can last one to two weeks but is highly effective.  I think you will be very happy with the V-Beam.  I am not sure why you had so many other lasers for this prior which are not indicated for treating the redness in scars.

Michele S. Green, MD

Downtime for V-Beam

+1

Good News , There is no down time,but there will be some discoloration that last 4-7 days, that can be easily covered with makeup.

Felix Bopp, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon