What is the Difference Between TruSculpt, Liposonix, and CoolSculpting?

I got different recommendations at different consultations. For fat reduction of the same area, some told me to do Liposonix, and some told me to do CoolSculpting. Also, when I was doing some research on the internet I read about truSculpting, which seems to be something quite similar. So I’m just confused. What is the difference between truSculpt, Liposonix, and CoolSculpting? Which one is more cost effective, and which one gives results more quickly?

Methods of treatment for fat- Trusculpt works for my patients

+5

Liposonix is a high frequency ultrasonic energy and Coolsculpting is a targeted cooling process to eradicate fat cells. TruSculpt is a technology that uses a comfortable heat and can treat anywhere from the shoulders down.  Trusculpt causes a "natural" cell death and results are seen in 4-6 weeks.  Everyone is a candidate for TruSculpt as there is no "pinch rule" or need to have enough skin/fat to suck up into a handpiece.  In 30 minutes your treatment can be performed with zero pain, discomfort or downtime.  Patients may resume their daily activities right away.  I have seen 20-30% reduction from each treatment session and  it is wonderful to have a painless, fast technology that has the patient back their daily routine without any disruption or side effects.

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Which machine?

+2
They all reduce fat - just with different methods.  CoolSculpting uses freezing of the fat cell, Liposonix uses focused ultrasound to heat up the fat cell, and trusculpt uses radiofrquency energy, which also heats up the fat cell.  So far, I'm not aware of any good head-to-head scientific comparison study to prove which one is best...

Thomas Fiala, MD

Permanent Fat Reduction

+1

CoolSculpting, TruSculpt and Liposonix are all modalities to treat fat. CoolSculpting uses cyrolipolysis, which uses cold temperatures to freeze the fat, killing and permanently reducing the fat cells. TruSculpt, which uses radiofrequency, and Liposonix, which uses high frequency ultrasound, both use heat to destroy the fat cells.

In our practice, CoolSculpting is the most reliable, consistant and effective method of permanently reducing fat cells - but you must have a distinct buldge in order to have the treatment done. Liposonix and TruSculpt are better utilized in areas of flat fat, such as the lateral thigh or a flat fat abdomen which has no distinguishable buldge.

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq, Liposonix and TruSculpt

+1

CoolSculpting kills fat cells permanently by freezing them. This was developed after the awareness of long term fat loss in the cheeks of toddlers who fell asleep with a popsicle in their mouth and the fat died, permanently leaving them with a hollow cheek. Liposonix is an external ultrasonic treatment that heats up the skin and is painful and TruSculpt uses radiofrequency to comfortably liberate the fat out of the adipocytes. I am not certain as to whether fat cells die equally in all non-invasive fat loss procedures as some procedures may temporarily shrink the fat cell allowing it to lose the triglycerides in them but the fat cells may rejuvenate. We don't have good long term side-by-side comparison studies on these different units.

I have had a few years of experience with the CoolSculpting treatment in my practice and the overwhelming majority of patients see results of fat loss.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting

+1

CoolSculpting is a device that is FDA aproved by freezing fat without damaging surrounding tissues. The process requires no surgery and no downtime

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fat Reduction Treatment

+1
Thank you for your question. Ultimately, which procedure you choose is up to you. As far as which one is best, it depends on the type of results you want. At my practice, I have had great results with CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting is a breakthrough, non-invasive procedure that uses cooling technology to noticeably eliminate fat without surgery. Typically, each CoolSculpting treatment results in a noticeable reduction of fat in the treated area. After the initial treatment is complete, you can attain further reductions with additional treatments, resulting in even more fat loss. Some patients find that just one treatment fully addresses their goals. There is little to no downtime associated with CoolSculpting as well. You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD