Can the Damage of my Skin Caused by Skin Bleaching Be Corrected? (photo)

I was bleaching my skin for 3 years and now my skin have numerous stretch marks on my back, my thigh and between my legs. The stretch marks between my legs are long and very wide. I would like to know if it can be corrected and how.

Stretch Mark Treatments

+2

First of all, I am curious to know what you were using to bleach your skin with? Stretch marks can be caused by using strong topical corticosteroids, which do bleach the skin too, and only be used under the supervision of a physician.

There are several treatments that can "reduce" the appearance of white stretch marks including:

• Fraxel Laser
  • Pulsed Dye laser (for pink stretch marks)
  • Chemical Peels
  • Microdermabrasion (minimal improvement)
  • Retin-A

Unfortunately, none of these options have a "dramatic" result, only slight improvement if any. As a last resort, stretch marks could be excised (cut out), but this is rarely done.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Stretch marks

+1

the improvement of stretch marks that are already white is minimal with any device, at best.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.