The Area Around my Mouth is Lighter- Will IPL Repair This?

I have had one IPL phot facial and am going for a second this week. In time will the IPL repair the lighter area around my entire mouth?

Discoloration around mouth

+1

IPL addresses reds and browns in the skin, helping to even out skin tone and discoloration. It will not re-pigment the skin at all. The skin surrounding your lighter mouth area, will hopefully get lighter and more even toned; thus, making your mouth area not look aggressively lighter than the rest of your face. But no, the IPL will in no way repair light skin; it's not possible.

IPL for the Lighter Area Around Your Mouth

+1

From your question it is not clear why you are having IPL treatments.  These work best for some types of pigmentation and redness.  They do not work for light areas.  If the light areas are surrounded by dark areas, the IPL treatments may help by reducing the surrounding darkness and decreasing the contrast between the two areas.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist