Tenderness in cheeks 3 weeks after juvederm, is this normal?

I got juvederm imbecylem ybree weeks ago in my cheeks, i still have a mild deep tenderness in my left cheek, I saw my doctor two weeks after injection and he said it could've been a hematoma... But I never had bruising, what is happenning? Should I get it dissolved? How would I know if I was getting a low grade deep infection?

Tenderness to cheeks 3 week post injections.

+1
Cheeks tend to stay tender for a few weeks post injection, at 3 weeks not to worry since you have been assessed by your doctor. If the pain becomes worse or symptoms change contact our injector and be assessed again.

Pain after juvederm injections

+1
When I inject the midface area (cheeks included), the injections are typically deep, down to the periosteum (the covering of bone).  This area can remain quite tender for some time, so I would recommend taking some NSAIDS, such as Motrin or Aleve, some warm compresses, and the tenderness should resolve over the next few weeks.

Tatiana Khrom, MD