Im 9 weeks pregnant . Can i have juvaderm for lips filling ? And the smile line?

Juvederm and pregnancy

+1
Thank you for your question. It is not recommended to have injections when you are pregnant. I would be surprised if you found a clinic that would inject a pregnant person.

Injections of Juvederm during pregnancy

+1
It is not recommended to undergo this type of procedure during pregnancy. It is not likely to affect your baby, however, we always suggest waiting until after you deliver.

Sheetal Sapra, MD
Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Injectables During Pregnancy

+1
As a general rule, injectables should not be performed during pregnancy.  There are little to no studies on the safety of such procedures during pregnancy which is why it is not recommended.  You can consult with your OB-GYN on this, but I find it highly unlikely an injection specialist would perform the treatment until after you deliver. 

Benjamin Stong, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy

+1
During pregnancy it is not recommended to have this treatment, since the filler contains lidocaine, a drug, and your hormonal situation could evoke abnormal responses to the implant. By the way your hormonal situation will help your lips to be plumped up naturally

Giovanni Salti, MD
Italy Dermatologic Surgeon

Pregnancy and lip filler

+1
While an uneventful lip injection with hyaluronic acid should not affect your baby, I would wait until you've delivered before undergoing any medically unnecessary procedures. There is always a risk for complications, which are difficult to treat while pregnant. While rare, these include infection and necrosis. I wouldn't risk it, especially during the first trimester, when your baby is still forming.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon