Ten years of thinking of if I should do ear surgery or not, am I a good candidate? (photo)

Every time when i look my self in the mirror i hate my ears, I don't know if it's psychological thing or is just me and i'm getting marry soon. PLEASE, is it really worth to do ear surgery or is it me who think that my ears are too big!? i'm very depressed. I need help

Possible candidate for otoplasty?

+2
Whether to undergo any elective cosmetic procedure is a choice that needs to be decided by the individual.  Based on your photos, the position of your ears could definitely be altered surgically so that they are not protruding as much.  Ears like yours may not be an issue for someone else, but if they bother you then I would look into the possibility of having otoplasty to help.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear Surgery

+1
You have very mild type of prominent ear, it can be corrected surgically, you need to make a decision weather if you want to get surgery or not. 

Ali Totonchi M.D.

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Deciding on your otoplasty procedure

+1
Although the ears are usually pinned back in childhood, the surgery can be performed at any age in a relatively straightforward procedure known as Otoplasty. In young children a general anesthesia is usually required, but in adults like yourself the procedure can be comfortably performed under local anesthesia, or an outpatient basis. The results are usually extremely rewarding for both the patient and the plastic surgeon. 

For specific detials in your case, I would recommend going for a free consultation. 

C. Roberto Palma, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Is otoplasty or ear surgery worth it

+1
the worth or value of this is really dependent upon you.  We really cannot tell you what you should or should not do.  That being said, it would appear based on her photographs that UR a good candidate but you need to explore your projected outcome with board certified surgeons in person.  there may be small things about your likely outcome that you may not like or you may love.  Seek out someone who obviously performs otoplasty frequently and take it from there.

given your comments about feeling depressed and U asking for help leads me to make the comment that he must approach this cautiously.  A good result could have U feeling wonderful or if it is not as you have it pictured in your mind could make it feel worse.  He may want to take some time to explore the psychological aspects of this in addition to surgical consultation before proceeding

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deciding on Otoplasty (ear reshaping surgery)

+1
Before undergoing surgery, each person should decide whether a particular feature of their face or body bothers them enough to do something about it.  

The decision to undergo surgery should not be taken lightly.  Nevertheless, when properly executed, plastic surgery can be an important adjunct in positively impacting the cosmetic appearance of someone's face or body.  

Consult a board-certified facial plastic surgeon or a general plastic surgeon in your community for this matter.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ten years of thinking of if I should do ear surgery or not, am I a good candidate?

+1
Based on your photo, you are an excellent candidate for an otoplasty.  In the 30 plus years of operating on ears, I have never seen a patient that was not happy with their results.  This surgery makes happy people regardless of their age. I've operated on young people to older adults.  The oldest adult I've performed this surgery on was 68 years old, and she was thrilled and only wished she had done it years prior.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to discuss your concerns and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Prominent ear correction

+1
Your ears are noticeably prominent. (Less so than Prince Charles' though.)

If your ears bother you, the photo suggests you are a good candidate for otoplasty.
Otoplasty in adults, men especially, because the tissues are thigh, may need a touch-up at 6 months.
The scar is behind the ear. Chances are you will be very pleased with the results. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
Hello Neslon. Your ears are only slightly protruding. The decision to have ear pinning surgery must always rest with the patient. If the current position of your ears disturbs you, you can have them pinned closer to the head with an otoplasty, regardless of whether it is with a traditional method or with the minimally invasive stitch method. With the stitch method, the patient may co-determine the new position of his ears with the aid of a hand-held mirror. By the way, big ears always appear smaller when they have been pinned closer to the head.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon