My Tca Didnt Frost Will It Work

I've done a tca below my eyes with a 25%, it didnt frost but i kept it on for about a minute ,it did burn but not too bad..its day 3 and my under eye looks worse than ever do u think i need to do it again?

My Tca Didnt Frost Will It Work

+2

25% TCA is a relatively strong solution for home use. Repeated application of this solution will double the effect and could cause deep burn and scar. Frosting is a sign of penetration of the TCA into the skin. Remember, the eyelid skin is the thinnest skin in the body and can be damaged easily.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do it yourself Chemical Peel - NOT the best Idea

+2

Do-it-Yourself cosmetic procedures are NOT a great idea. Giving yourself Botox or fillers, liposuctionning yourself or worse are pretty dumb. When it comes to burning a superficial layer of your skin (hopefully...) with acid (as in Trichloroacetic Acid, TCA), the amount of damage / penetration depends on the concentration, the preparation of the skin before TCA application and the manner in which the acid is applied.  A 25% TCA concentration is not meant to cause serious damage BUT repeated applications will successively destroy deeper and deeper layers of the skin.  In my opinion, if you are hell bent to do it yourself, allow the skin to heal before applying another coat and another and another. Falling in this trap may cause a deep peel and potentially a full thickness burn. Alternatively, you may wish to see a Plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist who could do a deeper peel or, better yet, a laser resurfacing procedure and get you there safer.

Dr. Peter A Aldea