Can I Get a Tattoo 3 Days Post- Breast Augmentation?

Would It Be Ok to Get a Tattoo 3 Days After Breast Implants on my Forearm?

Tattoo 3 days after breast augmentation is probably safe. Reread the word BEFORE safe!

+2

I agree with my colleagues who advise waiting. Though the risks are extremely low, why take any unnecessary risk? Do you really want a tattoo to distract people from looking at your chest? Even if this tattoo is something you have planned for a long time and entirely separately from your breast enlargement surgery, there really is no reason to have it done during a time when you are still healing, and susceptible to bacteremia if your tattoo were to become infected.

Besides, tattoos are often more permanent than the desire to have them--I perform laser tattoo removal all the time for patients whose lives, wants, and "forever" beliefs somehow change. Consider a small, inconspicuous, and easily-removed tattoo if you MUST have one! BTW, my daughters have tattoos--they got the same advice from Dad.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would recommend waiting until you have completely recovered from the breast augmentation surgery, about 4-6 weeks to be cautious.  There is a risk of infection from the tattoo itself and this can potentially cause unnecessary problems immediately after surgery.  

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Breast Implants - A Tattoo at 3 Days?

+1

Hi Allykat4 in Canada,

Probably - but I would advise against it.  We usually recommend not doing anything for three weeks post operatively, in order to give everything a chance to heal.  That includes exercise, lifting, etc.  While a tattoo seems like a minor procedure there is always a risk of infection and, because of that, I'd advise holding off.  You should, of course, talk to your own plastic surgeon.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

+1

The best advise is why hurry wait until full 3 weeks of healing or even longer. The risks of a possible infection from the tattoo is my concern. 

Tattoo after breast augmentation

+1

I would wait to get a tattoo until you are completely healed from your breast augmentation.  Once things are healed, you propbably can get a tattoo. Check with your surgeon.

When Can I Get a Tattoo After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Allykat4,

I would wait at least a few weeks, if not months, before getting a tattoo after undergoing breast augmentation. While getting a tattoo is normally relatively safe, there is a small chance that it could cause an infection, which could affect your breast implants. As others have said, why take an extra chance when you don't have to?

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Breast augmentation and tattoos

+1
The likelihood that you may develop and infection in your breasts after getting a tattoo on your forearm is remarkably low. The real question is this: why take the risk? Unless there is some medical reason for the tattoo, I recommend waiting a few months or whenever your surgeon feels comfortable with the idea. Or, think of it this way- considering the money you spent for your surgery, is getting the tattoo right now the best idea?

Derek Lou, MD

Tattoo three days after breast augmentation, should you

+1

You can get a tattoo three days after breast augmentation, but should you? The risk to you or your breast implants is incredibly low, and you may shed more bacteria in your bloodstream brushing your teeth. You can get a tattoo. Back to the should you issue. If the tattoo has been something that you have wanted and planned for it sounds OK. If it is of the moment, to celebrate your big event, let the breast implants speak for themselves.

peterejohnsonmd

No Tattoo

+1

No Tattoo this early on-you need to wait several months and consult with your PS when it's safe to go ahead with it-you are too swollen initially.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Post op tattoo

+1

Do not get a tattoo 3 days post augmentation! You'll be at maximum sweliing at the point. Wait a few a few months until everything has settled.

Ann F. Reilley, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon