Is 600CC - 650CC Too Big for Me and What Are the Risks?

My surgery date us is on may 9. I am 5'6 145 pounds.I am 22 years old. I just had a baby on november 10,2010. No breast feeding. I was wondering if between 600cc and 650cc is too big for me.

I tried on the 600cc and it was looking a little small. I am getting silicone gel high profile.I am going for an unatural look.

My surgeon says I should have the Implant over the muscle. I am worried about bottoming out and sagging.I had my consultion a week ago and I have more quesions now then before

600-650 cc breast implants are very large

+2

Thank you for your question. The size range that you want to have 600-650 cc breast implants are very large and in my opinion increase the risk of complications.

It is best to follow your plastic surgeons advice. Breast implant sizing is based on the biometric measurements of your breast and chest, and using a breast implant sizing system during which various sizes of implants can be placed into your bra to give you an idea of your final size.

It is best to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, is experienced in breast augmentation and has an excellent reputation in your community.

You want a fake look?

+2

Going for an unnatural look is not recommended.  I have put in large implants but under the muscle  Discuss with your surgeon the size appropriate for you based on measurements and body habitus.  Don't trade a short term desire for a long term misery.

Wishing you the best,

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

Larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

600cc implants

+1

I would be very unusal for me to place a 600cc implant.  This is large.  The risks with large implants include.

1. bottoming out
  2. thinning of the breast tissue and skin
  3. traction rippling
  4. unnatural looking breast

The implant needs to match your body and breast dimensions, not just be big. 

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Too big?

+1

600 cc is pretty big where I practice (Seattle) for a lady of your size.  I rarely put an implant on top of the muscle, especially a high profile but then you say you want and unnatural look.  It sounds like you may just get one!  As far as sagging goes, gravity is preportional to weight and a big implant will sag more. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Are 650 cc implants too big?

+1

It sounds like the implants you're considering are pretty large for the frame size you described. Larger implants will definitely stretch the skin more and lead to sagging. While they may look the way you have in mind at first, they will not stay that way for long.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

The risk with really big breast implants

+1

The really full implant you are suggesting are not for everybody and you are right that the risks are higher. The risk is not bottoming out, or necessarily sagging, though the very large implants will thin the breast and can have a translucent quality as the light passes through. They also tend to round up and are rather obvious to even the casual observer. An experienced surgeon will also know that few can remain comfortable with such a full implant as they get older, and revision rates and breast lift rates are higher. Choose carefully. (Oh yes, over the muscle)

peterejohnsonmd

Large implants

+1

The implant syou chose seem pretty large, and usually the larger the implants the more likley problems can develop with the implants.

Unnatural look in breast augmentation.

+1

The size of the implant is based on your chest wall and breast base measurement, taking into consideration the elasticity of the breast skin and sagging of the nipples. Your board certified plastic surgeon will make the size/volume recommendations for you. You said that you are going for the "unnatural look" , but worried about bottoming out and sagging. Well, you and your surgeon's choice of 600-650cc implants will guarantee you all that. I would consider a second opinion. It is easy to change your mind now and avoid several surgeries later. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon