Does 1000cc Seem Enough? (photo)

I'm getting breast lift and breast augmentation in August and I'm wanting to get lipo I was told 1000cc is all they can do same day as breast surgery..does 1000cc seem enough? Scared to pay the extra money and not see any results. Not sure if this matters but I have very thick skin and a flabby belly. Thanks!!

Does 1000cc Seem Enough?

+3

Thank you for your question.  If you are doing Lipo in the office in Florida, the max we are allowed to take out is 1000cc.  If your surgery is in a surgery center or hospital, we can still remove upto 5000cc.

Does 1000cc Seem Enough?

+2

Aside from possible skin laxity and abdominal wall laxity issues, I could remove 5 liters from your trunk alone.  Liposuction has the most variable results of any procedure.  I perform liposuction and breast procedures together on a regular basis.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction-how much is enough?

+2

Thank you for your question and the photographs.  It is not possible to tell without examining you, but from your photographs it appears you might need a tummy tuck.  There seems to be some laxity of the abdominal wall but again hard to tell from the photographs.   In general I believe that liposuction is best used to treat specific, target areas.  Hope this helps.  Tracy Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

1000 cc may yield a good result

+2

In Florida the liposuction limit refers to supernatant (pure) fat coming out, not the total amount of liquid removed.  I agree 2000-3000 cc would probably be removed but that might only be 1000 cc of actual fat.  

I don't know your height/weight, but you look like you have good skin and may do well especially if the liposuction is done mainly around your waist.  

The surgeon who saw you in person should be able to estimate whether you would be better off doing a full liposuction at a second stage or the 1000 cc at a single procedure.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction should be done completely

+2

When doing liposuction of the abdomen and waist, all the fat that can be removed should be removed. That said, it is impossible to remove all the fat with liposuction and even if you could remove all the fat, the cosmetic result would be terrible. You do not appear to have so much fat that it could not be safely removed at one time from your tummy and waist.

It would be a mistake to limit the liposuction of your abdomen and waist to only 1000 cc aspirate because the cosmetic result would be less than ideal. Furthermore, liposuction causes scarring that would make it more difficult to remove more fat at a second liposuction. If your surgeon can’t or won’t remove enough fat to get the best result, I suggest you have the liposuction at a separate time.

John J. Bandeian, MD
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

1000 cc Liposuction

+2

If you are talking about only taking out 1000 cc from your abdomen and lower back, then you are not going to be happy.  Based on your pictures, you likely need at least 3,000 to 4,000 cc removed to make a nice difference.  However, I would suggest being a little more specific in your question and perhaps we can give you a more specific answer.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Liposuction may not fully correct stomach that sticks out.

+1

Hi.

1)  I don't understand setting an arbitrary limit on cc's.  Liposuction is not about cc's or pounds.  It is about inches.  You remove as much fat as it takes to get the nicest contour.

2)  Your stomach looks very prominent, and I don't think that is all fat under the skin.  Make sure you have a good exam.  That look can also be caused by separated loose abdominal muscles, and only a tummy tuck will correct that.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Lipo

+1

You can have more doen but it must be in an approved outpatient surgery center.I believe in Florida they linmit it to about 3000 grams and this should be doable with you.you also have a weak abdominal wall that adds to your protuberance.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

How much fat to remove with liposuction

+1

Thank you for asking about how much improvement you'll see with 1000 cc. liposuction.

1. You will see improvement but not as much as you want.
  2. Has your abdomen been examined for muscle weakness? Liposuction will not improve  protrusion from muscle weakness/
  3. Remember after any liposuction that you must increase exercise and reduce what you what you eat to maintain your result. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Does 1000cc Seem Enough?

+1

You have either misunderstood the information given to you or whoever gave you this information was not well-informed.  If you are a suitable candidate for liposuction, the amount that is removed has nothing to do with getting a breast lift and augmentation at the same time.  They may have told you that you do not have more than 1000 cc of fat in the belly, which does make sense judging from your photos.  However, would that much liposuction make a difference is difficult to tell without examining you.  Just from your photos it seems you would benefit more from a tummy tuck.  An experienced plastic surgeon would be able to assess your situation better and give you the appropriate information.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS