No swelling or pain after treatment. Did it still work?

I had liposonix done on my lower abdomen two days ago. 6 squares, 3 passes at 60 jules each. I have had no swelling, bruising or pain since the treatment. In fact I don't feel like I had anything done at all. Could this mean the treatment didn't work for me?

No pain after Liposonix

+1
Not having pain and bruising after the procedure, in my experience, is the most common outcome. Don’t worry, this does not automatically mean your treatment was ineffective.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

No Pain After Liposonix Treatment and Swell-X

+1
I agree that the lack of pain after liposonix treatment has no significance as to whether it worked or not. Most patients experience some discomfort during the procedure and the rare patient has pain after the procedure. Experiened practitioners use a bioflavonoid formula called Swell-X to reduce tissue swelling and inflammation as it works extremely well. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

No pain is ok

+1
No pain after the Liposonix procedure is good. It does not mean anything with regard to your results. It is actually better that you have no pain, post procedure pain is very unusual in my experience. You should still get a fat reduction ad you can get back to exercise sooner!

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Liposonix Treatment

+1
Liposonix uses High Intensity Focused Ultrasound to destruct the fat; you can lose approximately 1 inch in 1 hour with 1 treatment. Results are not immediate as the body has to naturally remove the treated fat. This generally takes 8-12 weeks to be completed but can take longer depending on your health. 3 passes at 60 jules is the appropriate setting for Liposonix, it is possible to have bruising and swelling after the procedure but it is not necessary for good results. Consult with your Board Certified Dermatologist if you have any questions regarding your treatments.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

No pain after Liposonix treatment does not predict results

+1
While there is a variable degree of discomfort during the Liposonix treatment, typically there is not much discomfort afterwards so the lack of pain does not mean lack of results. As you know, it will be 3 months before you see the final result. Three passes at 60 joules should give a nice response in most cases.

Richard Baxter, MD

Follow up with your doctor

+1
The Liposonix treatment, you typically feel pain. Considering that you had no pain does not necessarily mean that it did not work. Wait until you see results, follow up with your doctor to find out if you are healing properly.

Bruce E. Katz, MD