Non Surgical Help for Heavy and Uneven Eyelids? (photo)

Hello. I am unhappy with my uneven eyes, but not so unhappy enough for surgery just yet. Are there any non surgical treatments that can improve the look of my eyes? Botox maybe? I don't know if this also matters, but I am in the process of losing weight. I have already lost 50 lbs. I assume I won't lose weight in my eyes, but in pictures of myself before the weight gain, my eyes looked a little more "open", not so squished within my now chubby face. Thank you in advance for your time.

Weight loss can definitely change facial fat

+1

I would not be surprised that your weight gain made your face rounder and "more squishy". This can cause the regions around the eyelid to be more crowded.

However, the anatomy you present in your photo reveals an uneven brow and full eyelids. A browlift would be your best option, when you are ready for it. I can't see your hairline in the photo, so can't really give you an opinion on what technique to use, but a hairline browlift, in my opinion, gives you the best long term lift, with minimal change of forehead length  [may actually improve it if you have a very high forehead]

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Help for Heavy and Uneven Eyelids?

+1

IMHO, your eyebrows are very low and unevenly so.  Eyelid Surgery isn't the answer and in fact will result in the eyebrows being even lower in position.  The surgical solutioon would be a Brow Lift of which the Coronal Brow Lift is the most reliable, IMO.  

Until you're ready for that, you could try Botox or Dysport to slightly raise the eryebrows or topical skin tightening therapies like Ulthera.  Just have realistic expectations and be sure the MD, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the craetion of a naturally, more attrcative face.

Heavy uneven eyelids

+1

Thanks for sharing your picture.  Your brows are crowding your upper lids.  Although a neuromodulator (botox, dysport or xeomin) placed at the outer aspect of your eyes may result in some elevation of the lateral aspect of your brows, the difference will be slight at best.  A lateral brow lift with an upper lid blepharoplasty would be your best option.  Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Botox can be used to non-surgically reshape the eyebrows, creating symmetry without surgery

+1

Botox can be used to non-surgically reshape the eyebrows, creating symmetry without surgery. This is an advanced injection and should be performed by an experienced injector. I've found that this works incredibly well for certain patients but is less effective in others. It is worth a trial to see whether you like the effects. Certainly a browlift procedure will provide the improvement in symmetry that you're seeking when the time is right for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Help for Heavy and Uneven Eyelids? (photo

+1

Botox can be used to elevate the brows, although everybody's response is a little different.  You certainly can try it and see how you respond and tweak it as needed.  Botox lasts about 3-5 months so you will need repeat treatments. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical upper eyelid improvement

+1

There are not too many options of non-surgical treatment.  Sometimes a little Botox under the lateral brow can help.  Also even a filler can elevate the brow a bit.

Heavy eyelid corerection

+1

Surgery is your only answer.  Upper eyelid skin excision of excess skin will solve the problem.   In the meanwhile you should consider Dr Kabaker's suggestion of the Asian systems.  Also visit you local cosmetician.  She may have some great ideas to make you happy with your eyes.  My Best     Dr Commons

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical blepharoplasty.

+1

Only surgery will give a significant result. There are prosthetic devices sold in Asian neighborhood beauty supply stores that give the appearance of higher lid creases when worn.

Eyelid surgery is usually quite easy for the patient. Assymetries that are present before surgery will persist to a certain extent afterwards. Brow surgery might also be considered.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. I agree with the previous expert posters, at least you need a minor surgery - upper lid blepharoplasty. 

What can help heavy eyelids

+1

Looking at your photos, it appears that you have both heavy, uneven eyebrows as well as excess skin/fat of your upper eyelids. By far surgery of the upper eyelids would be the easiest way to address your concerns. It is safe, fast and well tolerated. However, if you are not ready for surgery, there are some non-invasive techniques that can help lift your eyebrow (Appearance) and help your appearance.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon