Can I Have Chemical Peel Done On My Face After Having Surgical Dermabrasion?

I am 45 years old and I had a dermabrasion when I was 16 years old because of acne scars. Can I have chemical peel done on my face? Do you think my skin would be too sensitive to this treatment even after all these years?

There is no reason to suspect that you would have a problem with a chemical peel

Thanks for your question. Since the dermabrasion was done years ago, there is no reason to suspect that you would have any problem having a chemical peel now. A board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon should evaluate your skin to determine what your needs are and what the best peeling agents are for you. Along with the peel, or whatever procedure you are contemplating, make sure that you are also placed on an appropriate skin care routine to maximize your results.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon