Is There a Surgery to Remove Excess Skin from Behind Ears?

Hello, I am 26 years of age and I have bunched up skin behind my ears (post auricular). Is there cosmetic surgery available for this issue and if so what is the typical recovery period? If not, are there any other solutions to this problem? Thank you.

Removal of excess skin behind ear...

+1

If a patient is concerned with excess skin behind their ear it is typically suggested to make an incision behind the ear, deep in the crease, and excise the extra skin.   Your surgeon then will use plastic surgery suturing techniques to close the incision.  After adequate healing time the incision line should be hardly noticeable.  Recovery would be easy and minimal with probably no down time.  I would contant your plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this procedure. 

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear surgery

+1

Yes, it is possible to remove “excess skin” from behind  the ears.  This is, however, an unusual concern, and I wonder about the indications for the procedure.

Please make sure that you are not being too hard on yourself  and remember that every procedure has potential risks and competitions associated with it.

If you do decide to seek consultation, I would suggest meeting with a board-certified/experienced plastic surgeon.

Excess skin removal behind ear.

+1
Yes there is. Simply remove the extra skin under local anesthesia and you can go to work the next day. Complications from this would be extremely rare. There is no other good treatment.

Skin Laxity

+1

It is unusal situation to have excess skin limited to the behind the ear without previous surgery involving that area.

If the laxity of the skin is limited to the area behid the ONLY then it can be removed easily under local anesthesia. If this is a laxity that involves the neck skin as well Then it is a different surgery (I doubt that at your age you have laxity of the neck unless there has been massive weight loss or other surgery.

Cosult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) AND THEY WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU A STRAIGHT OPINION.

Remove Excess Skin from Behind Ears

+1

Yes, loose skin can be removed from behind the ears.  The incision / scar can be placed in the groove behind the ear to hide the scar.  Depending on how much needs to be done the procedure can be done quite simply with local anesthesia.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Removing Excess Skin

+1

Sure!  This is a relatively simple procedure that can be done under a local anesthetic.  An incision is made in the crease behind the ear, the excess skin is removed and then the remaining skin is closed with sutures.  The scars are very well hidden behind the ears and the recovery is fairly quick.

Jenifer L. Henderson, MD
Silverdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of loose skin behind the ears

+1

Removing loose skin from behind the ears should be a fairly easy procedure that can even be done under local anesthesia in a doctor's office.  The resulting scar would be well-hidden in the natural fold behind your ear.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD