Ear Kept Bleeding After Otoplasty

I recently had a otoplasty. The day after the surgery, my left ear kept bleeding, and the doctor stopped it using electrocautery. When the bandage came off, I noticed a mark in the frontal side of my ear. It looks like clotted blood now, but he only suggested using neosporin. What should I do?

Observation of a small ear hematoma

+1

Observation of a small hematoma is a reasonable approach. Drainage is recommended if the hematoma becomes infected.ear cartilage is deformed.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/otoplasty/

Bleeding after Otoplasty?

+1

Thank you for your question. In some cases, some Otoplasty patients have a tendency to bleed after surgery. A procedure called Electrocautery is sometimes the best way to cauterize the blood vessel to stop the bleeding. The appearance of the skin may look like a blood clot after Electrocautery. This will normally fade after a couple of weeks. An antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin is very helpful and recommended for healthy skin healing.

Please feel free to click on the link below to review some before and after photos of my patients who've had the Otoplasty surgery.

Web reference: http://www.yourfaceinourhands.com/photo-gallery/results.cfm?Category=7

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical procedures may cause bleeding

+1

Otoplasty is a common procedure to reshape the ear. It often involves cutting and suturing techniques to repostion tissue.  This means that there is a risk of bleeding and hematomas.  Most bleeding problems are minor and resolve with conservative therapy.  It is best to contact your surgeon if you are concerned with bleeding.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty

+1

I tooks as if you have bruising or a small blood clot under the skin.  You do not need to do anything at this tage, unless it get bigger or more painful.  Bruising typically subsides after 5 to 7 days.  If it gets any bigger, then you should refer to your doctor immediately.