I am 28 & happy with my shape but I am left with stretch marks after two kids. Am I a good candidate for laser surgery? (photos)

I am 28 and happy with my shape but I am left with stretch marks after two
kids. My oldest is 8 and youngest 6, and now I have bikini season issues. I
don't want a TT. I feel more comfortable with laser surgery but have heard
horror stories of new scars. I also have an area above my belly button that
sags. It's only the size of a quarter but is horrendous. Am I a good
candidate for laser surgery? What kind of laser surgery would work?

Stretch Marks After Kids, Am I a Good Candidate

+2
These are white, wide stretch marks, and the goal is to improve the appearance by blending them in with surrounding skin.  You would require at least six treatments, and the final result would be improvement but not perfection. We use the Cynosure (formerly Palomar) Lux 1540 erbium laser which is FDA approved for the treatment of stretch marks. It works quite well, particularly on red stretch marks on the breast.  For the stretched abdomen, if the patient does not want a tummy tuck, we combine stretch mark laser with Lux IR, skin tightening device.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks after pregnancy

+1
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but from what I see in the photo you will need a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  Laser surgery will not provide any significant improvement.

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon