Can I Stretch my Ears After Getting Otoplasty? (My Ears Pinned)

I've always hated how my ears stick out and now I have the chance to get them pinned. but I've also been wanting to stretch my earlobes to about a 0 gauge. will I be able to start stretching my ears after getting the surgery? will stretching them be affected in any way?

Earlobes can be gauged after otoplasty without affecting the surgery result but why?

+1

Earlobes can be gauged after otoplasty without affecting the surgery result but why? You can rest assured that your otoplasty will not be affected. However, this is a permanent change in your appearance as gauge piercings will not close once the gauges are removed. This requires surgery to repair/ undo. I am seeing a constant increase in people presenting for repair of their gauged earlobes as they reconsider their choice to gauge their ears for a variety of social and professional reasons.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and gauging and stretching the ears after the procedure

+1

otoplasty and gauging and stretching the ears after the procedure. You can do this after your surgery but I would consult with your doctor when to start. You will have 60% of your healing after 6 weeks and 80% at around 6 months.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and gauged Earlobes

+1

You certainly can have your ears gauged after doing an otoplasty.  However, I suggest you think long and hard about having your earlobes gauged at all.  I suspect at some point in the future you will decide you no longer want the gauges and it will then be rather expensive to fix them and you will have scars from the repair forever.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon