Should I Still Be Able to Squint and Form the "11"s on Day 8 After Botox?

It's been eight days, and although I see a 20% improvement, I can still squint, forming those 11s between my brows. She did two shots in that area, then one each over the arch and three on each crow's feet area on the sides of my eyes. Do I need to wait a bit longer, go back for more injections or accept that this is probably the way my body reacts? I paid by the area treated, not by the units, so I don't have any idea if she would retreat free of charge.

Frowning inhibited by Botox may take two weeks to appear

+2
The full effect of Botox may take up to two weeks to be apparent. See your doctor then if the muscle activity persists and more units might be needed if you have strong muscles.

Botox Results

+2

Without seeing before and after pictures or knowing how many units were injected, it is impossible to answer this question.  However, after 8 days, you should see your full results.  So, either you need more units or you have static lines that require filler for a complete treatment.  This can only be determined by seeing you in person.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Botox may not completely alleviate all lines

+2
While Botox Cosmetic injections help alleviate some lines you may have creases formed from long time frowning that may need a filler to completely go away. You do not want to paralyze the entire forehead and some muscle movement looks natural. Discuss this with your injecting physician and he/she will be able upon examination to tell you if another injection of Botox is necessary or if a filler may be needed. If you need more Botox you may want to see what the per unti price vs. per area price is for just the glabellar region "11s". Best regards.

Michael Elam, MD

Fron line may persist after botox injection

+2

The effect of botox would typically take 5-7 days to manifest, but it can take up to 2 weeks in rare instances. In your case, it is important to note that the "11" shaped lines in between the eyebrows may not be completely eliminated even after botox has fully kicked in. This will happen if the lines have formed a groove in the skin which would not disappear with the absence of muscle movement. If this happens, an additional procedure by way of a dermal filler (eg Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane etc) may improve the lines to your satisfaction. This would not be a good explanation in your case if previous botox injections had resulted in the resolutions of the same lines

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and frown lines

+1

It can take up to 12 days to see the full effect of Botox, especially if it is your first treatment.  It is possible you may require more units of Botox or the addition of filler to fill in deep creases.  Please see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to obtain the best possible results with Botox.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

You may need a bit more Botox for frowning.

+1

After 8 days I would expect little or no glabellar frowning to be evident, and a 20 % improvement indicates that more product is probably necessary. Dosing is somewhat indiviualized, but talk to the Doctor about the # of units you recieved. 20 to 30 units is an average dose for the glabella, and the injection pattern can be 2 to 5 separate sites. You want to know this information for future treatments.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are neurotoxins that weaken the muscles causing unwanted lines and wrinkles however, the effects of these neurotoxins are dose dependant and vary from patient to patient.  You should see the full effetcs of neurotoxins at 3-5 days post injections, so you might want to go back to the MD that did the injections and have more injected for an increased rersult.  

More Botox?

+1

Greetings~

Though most patients do respond after 8 days some can take up to 2 weeks (or more) to see the full effects. Each patient is different and can require a different amount of Botox (greater or lesser units, independent of the number of injection sites).  It's quite possible, especially if you paid by the area and not the unit, that you may not have received a sufficient amount of Botox for that area.  Depending on the policy of the office where you were treated, they may or may not do a touch up dose at no charge.  Follow up with the office that treated you, especially if you still have significant movement between you brows.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Movement after Botox

+1

You can wait a few more days, but you might desire a little more weakening. Understand that it might not totally paralyze the muscle and you might always have some motion there, even with large doses.

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox , time frame for results

+1

For some patients, Botox may take up to 2 weeks to see the full effect.  It is good that you are already noticing some results.  If you  are still noticing the lines at 2 weeks, I would give your doctor a call.  Sometimes more Botox is needed or perhaps a filler.  I hope this helps.  Lana Long, M.D.

Lana Long, MD
Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon