Can Squeezing Nose to Make It Smaller Do Permanent Damage?

I cry every time i see my nose, what should i do?I'm just 18 year old. I looked at the nose huggie. I thought that if i squeeze my nose it will become smaller & sharper. i did it for 40 minuts but with a hair clip, because it's kind of like the nose huggie. I've noticed that my nose became bigger and wider. this is my 2nd day. Did I damage my nose? Is it gonna return back?

"Nose Huggy", Hair Clips, Old Fashioned Clothes Line Clips; All Not Good Alternatives to Rhinoplasty

Hi,

It sounds like you have given a great deal of thought to your nose and rhinoplasty.  To change the appearance of your nose you should consult with rhinoplasty surgeons.  Do not attempt to treat your nose yourself.  Your nose should recover from the trauma that you inflicted with the hair clip.

If cost is a problem, you can call university teaching hospitals or look into Care Credit.  Make sure to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully, much more so than your chose your hair clip.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

That's the last thing I would do

In all liklihood you didn't do any damage other than cause temporary bruising and swelling.  Long term this can cause pproblems so please stop.  Have you seen a plastic surgeon or discussed this problem with your parents if you are still their responsibility.  They may not even know of your unhappiness with your nose.  Go for a consultation to a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to see what your options are before trying to squeeze your nose smaller.

Squeezing the nose will not make it smaller

Squeezing your nose will not adjust the bone or cartilage in your nose, and may do damage by dislocating the cartilages off of the bone. The rhinoplasty procedure is a surgical procedure which was performed under general anesthesia to change the shape of the nose. Virtual plastic surgery software and our rhinoplasty photo  gallery are located on the link below to give you an idea of what can be accomplished with the procedure

Squeezing nose to make it smaller do permanent damage

Only surgery can help you make the nose smaller. Squeezing it only can decrease the thickness temporarily . See 3 boarded Plastic Surgeons in your area.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Squeezing a Nose to Decrease Size

Cease and desist!!!.  As you have seen this maneuver will only irritate the skin and cause swelling. Your nose should return to the original size. If you have cut the skin see a physician for proper treatment.

Squeezing nose to reshape.

It is highly unlikely that squeezing the nose will reshape it.  Contrary to what your mom may say, you face will not "freeze" in that position.

I suspect that you may have some swelling, and that things will return to normal.

sek

Squeezing a Nose WILL NOT MAKE IT SMALLER

Squeezing a nose will not make it smaller. All serious pressure on the nose would do is cause swelling (which may make it appear larger) or progressive deformity of the mid and lower nose cartilages which may even result in breathing issues.

If you are unhappy with your nose, no not waste your money and effort on the hundreds of junk treatments out there. See a board certified Plastic surgeon (www.PlasticSurgery.org) and learn what can REALLY be done for you.

Know that you have not caused any permanent damage to your nose

Thanks for your question and know that you have not caused any permanent damage to your nose. I think
you need to stop this and make an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon to see what all of
the treatment options are available to change the appearance of your nose. Home remedies do not work.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Does pressure on the nose make it smaller?

You probably irritated the skin and bruised the tissues underneath.  More than likely no damage was done but using the huggie or a clothespin will not make the cartilages change shape.  Your ear is made up of cartilage as well.  Try holding the top of your nose down a few minutes, when you let go, it will go back to where you started.  
I would visit a plastic surgeon and get a realistic idea of what can be done to your nose and how much it will cost so you can start to save for the nose you want.  I hope that helps!

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon