Can Squeezing Nose to Make It Smaller Do Permanent Damage?

I cry every time i see my nose, what should i do?I'm just 18 year old. I looked at the nose huggie. I thought that if i squeeze my nose it will become smaller & sharper. i did it for 40 minuts but with a hair clip, because it's kind of like the nose huggie. I've noticed that my nose became bigger and wider. this is my 2nd day. Did I damage my nose? Is it gonna return back?

"Nose Huggy", Hair Clips, Old Fashioned Clothes Line Clips; All Not Good Alternatives to Rhinoplasty

+3

Hi,

It sounds like you have given a great deal of thought to your nose and rhinoplasty.  To change the appearance of your nose you should consult with rhinoplasty surgeons.  Do not attempt to treat your nose yourself.  Your nose should recover from the trauma that you inflicted with the hair clip.

If cost is a problem, you can call university teaching hospitals or look into Care Credit.  Make sure to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully, much more so than your chose your hair clip.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Squeezing a Nose to Decrease Size

+3

Cease and desist!!!.  As you have seen this maneuver will only irritate the skin and cause swelling. Your nose should return to the original size. If you have cut the skin see a physician for proper treatment.

That's the last thing I would do

+3

In all liklihood you didn't do any damage other than cause temporary bruising and swelling.  Long term this can cause pproblems so please stop.  Have you seen a plastic surgeon or discussed this problem with your parents if you are still their responsibility.  They may not even know of your unhappiness with your nose.  Go for a consultation to a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to see what your options are before trying to squeeze your nose smaller.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Nose huggie and nose clips and actual #rhinoplasty

+2
Hi

Take a step back.  Take a deep breath.  You are ok.  You have not done any damage with nose devices or clips if you only used it twice for 40 minutes but STOP using these.  They do not work and in the long term can damage the nose. 

Now as far as your nose, there is no point in crying about a nose.  There are plenty of people with horrific diseases and disfigurements who live happy fulfilling lives.  Don't let a nose get you down.  But do some research.  Talk to your parents.  Be mature about your discussion and get them involved and make sure they can support you.  See a few GOOD ETHICAL plastic surgeons who only specialize in noses and rhinoplasty and see what they would recommend.  If your parents are not supportive, wait.  Focus on school and sports and other more important things and you can still get a better nose and have an actual rhinoplasty when you are older.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Squeezing the nose will not make it smaller

+2
 Squeezing your nose will not adjust the bone or cartilage in your nose, and may do damage by dislocating the cartilages off of the bone. The rhinoplasty procedure is a surgical procedure which was performed under general anesthesia to change the shape of the nose. Virtual plastic surgery software and our rhinoplasty photo  gallery are located on the link below to give you an idea of what can be accomplished with the procedure

Squeezing nose to make it smaller do permanent damage

+2

Only surgery can help you make the nose smaller. Squeezing it only can decrease the thickness temporarily . See 3 boarded Plastic Surgeons in your area.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Squeezing nose to reshape.

+2

It is highly unlikely that squeezing the nose will reshape it.  Contrary to what your mom may say, you face will not "freeze" in that position.

I suspect that you may have some swelling, and that things will return to normal.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Squeezing a Nose WILL NOT MAKE IT SMALLER

+2

Squeezing a nose will not make it smaller. All serious pressure on the nose would do is cause swelling (which may make it appear larger) or progressive deformity of the mid and lower nose cartilages which may even result in breathing issues.

If you are unhappy with your nose, no not waste your money and effort on the hundreds of junk treatments out there. See a board certified Plastic surgeon (www.PlasticSurgery.org) and learn what can REALLY be done for you.

Get a life

+1

A lot of people have wide fat tips -- at some point in your life, perhaps you will have it corrected. Clips and squeezing will do NOTHING other than cause more swelling and bruising and a fatter tip. Move on with your life.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD