Which Dermal Filler is Best for Nasal Tip Projection?

also is there any major complications with using fillers to project the tip since the nasal tip can be a very sensitive area? Im only looking for about a millimeter of projection, any advice? Thanks a lot

Carefully placed Injectable Fillers may lead to subtle tip projection.

+1

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments may be performed by experienced physicians for tip projection. My personal preference is Silikon-1000 which is used in an off-label fashion. Some of the tip projection seen right after the procedure dissipates, and several treatments are typically necessary to achieve a desired result.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4657

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip fillers

+1

I am not a big fan of facial fillers for the nose. If the tip need projection, you are better off having something more permanent done. I only use fillers for small irregularities of the nose.

Non-surgical nose jobs with fillers

+1

I have injected Radiesse and Juvederm into noses for non-surgical correction. I am currently using Juvederm because it molds easily and is reversible with hyaluronidase. I have had mild success with injections in the nasal tip, but nothing outstanding. The nasal tip skin is usually thicker and more adherent to yhe underlying cartilage. Therefore, the fillers do not modify the shape as much as they do when injected along the nasal bridge.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Seek out a number of opinions

+1

The use of nasal fillers in the nose is a relatively new procedure and most doctors are still relatively conservative about its use. In regards to the tip, depending on what you are seeking to achieve you may find that surgery is the best long term answer for you.

WIth regards to fillers, seek out people who have a lot of experience with their use. Here in LA, Dr ALexander RIvkin was one of the pioneers and has a very large experience with the use of fillers in the nose.

Hope this helps. As with all procedures, be informed and seek out the expertise of those who specialize in rhinoplasty and then make your decision.

All the best.

Fillers are best used for nasal profile and not in the tip

+1

The tip of the nose is a very sensitive place. Using an Injectables filler to increase tip projection can be hazardous. The filler is hard to keep in this small area and may look like a ball stuck under the skin. Filler also cannot be molded as it can be along the upper 2/3 of the nose (called the dorsum) or in the root of the nose (called the radix). The skin is also thinner than in the upper part of the nose, so everything will show; good and bad.

The entire idea of non-surgical rhinoplasty has very limited applications and potential hazards. Other than minor upper profile changes I feel that fillers should not be used in the nose. I suggest you see a rhinoplasty specialist for an educated opinion.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_rhinoplasty.html

Injectable filler for the nose

+1

i don't remember ever having a patient who came in wanting a mm more of nasal projcetion. Using fillers to achieve that goal rather than nasal surgery can be problematic if the filler so to speak runs.