I Squeezed a Blackhead on my Forehead and Now Im Left with a Small Deep Black Hole. What to Do?

Sounds like a dilated pore

+2

If a blackhead is large enough, after it is removed the oil gland which formed it can remain as a dilated pore.  Using Retin-A or another topical retionoid such as Tazorac regularly will help unclog the oil glands and prevent the build-up of skin cells, bacteria and sebum in the pore.  The pore should become less noticeable with time - if not, you may need to have a punch biopsy to removed the dilated pore.  This is usually closed with one or two small sutures, and rarely leaves a noticeable scar.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Large hole / pore after squeezing black head

+1

This should get better with time. I would consider loofahs and scrubs. But you can talk to your doctor about doing more. If it doesn't fill in about 6months to a year, I would then consider TCA CROSS or other treatments.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Large Pores/Facial Scars

+1

I agree, most likely this will improve with time.  If not, I treat isolated scars with either a strong chemical peel or excision as previously described.  In the meantime, try to stop squeezing...

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon