Spider Angioma on Face, Can I Laser It While Nursing?

I was referred to another doctor after having three treatments, but I am pregnant now and was told to wait because the hormones can effect my skin's reaction. Do I have to wait until I'm done nursing too?

Spider angioma treatment with laser

+1

Spider angiomas can occur as a result of hormones during pregnancy. It is safe to undergo laser treatment for spider angiomas while you are nursing. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com

Laser treatments to spider angiomata during breast feeding

+1

It is perfectly safe to have laser treatments while breast feeding.  There are no toxins that would be released into the breast milk.  I am curious why you have needed three treatments and still have the angiomata.  The best laser for these lesions combines a 1064 ND/Yag laser with a pulsed dye laser.  Make sure that is what you are treated with.

Vascular laser therapy while nursing

+1

I agree that it is not wise to perform vascular laser treatments during pregnancy as, due to hormonal and blood volume issues, this can be nonproductive.  I do perform vascular laser treatments while someone is breatfeeding.  However, sometimes vessels that are apparent during preganacy fade substatially afterwards any may not require treatment.  I would discuss this with your doctor.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

PDL for treating spider angiomas

+1

The PDL laser which is used to treat a spider angioma uses "visible light" -- not ionizing radiation like an "X-Ray"; therefore, there would be no harm to the baby.  It is a safe treatemtent to have done, even while nursing.