Blue Vein Above Lip - Removal Options?

Blue Vein Above Lip Whaat is Best Way to Get Rid of ?

Vein Treatment

+1

I would suggest either a VBeam by Candela or a 1064 Yag. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/elitemdspa

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for vessel above lip

+1

Unfortunately without  seeing you, or at least a good picture, it would be nearly impossible to determine the ideal treatment for your concern or condition.  It is best to have it evaluated prior to any treatment to determine what it is exactly.  If it is a vessel, we have had excellent results treating vessels with our Nd:YAG laser.

Good luck

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Blue vein above lip

+1

if it is indeed a vein microphlebectomy or laser therapy would probably be the safest options.  must rule out avascular malformations and hemangiomas prior to treatment.

Ashburn General Surgeon

Proper Evaluation A Must

+1

It's important to properly evaluate the vein before treatment.  Without seeing a photo, it is difficult to assess, but bluish veins can be a venous lake, angioma, telangiectasia, as well as a dilated vein.  If it has been present for years, a venous malformation is also possible.  I would see a dermatologist who has experience in vascular lesions.

Treatment for these veins really depends on the size and depth of the blood vessels. Lasers are the best with the least amount of complication.   I generally treat these veins with either Pulsed Dye Laser or KTP (for smaller vessels), or Nd:Yag for larger vessels.  Bluishi vessels are usually larger caliber and respond best to Nd:Yag.   You will have some temporary bruising to the area that last about one week.  Several treatments may be necessary to completely remove the vessel.

While one can theorectically treat veins around the face with Sclerotherapy, I would seek someone with significant experience in sclerotherapy. The risk for serious complications including skin necrosis far outweighs the benefits, especially when there are much better alternatives.  I use sclerotherapy frequently on spider veins of the legs but lasers are much more elegant and safer on the face.  

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Blue vein above lip--recommended treatment.

+1

If indeed the visible vessel is a vein, then sclerotherapy (similar to what is done for spider veins of the leg) can be performed to eliminate it. The vessel will, of course, need to be accurately "hit" with a needle so that the sclerosant can be placed inside the vessel, which causes it to spasm and seal shut. You may have a bruise, or need more than one injection session to completely eliminate it, but an experienced doctor who does lots of vein injections will be able to give you advice about this.

Other vascular lesions may be treated with other means, so accurate diagnosis is important before giving definitive advice regarding recommended treatment. Laser treatment or surgical excision may be other treatment options in some situations.

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/skin-procedures.html#sclerotherapy

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Blue vein above lip

+1

not an easy question to answer without looking at pictures.  If  it is just a simple small vein which happens to run superficially above the lip, it may be addressed with possible excision, however pathologies such as hemangioma must be excluded first.   

Manhattan General Surgeon

Vein

+1

Consult a board certified plastic surgeon for examination and diagnosis. This can not be diagnosed through the internet. Must rule out venous hemangioma