How to Speed Up Sclerotherapy Healing Process?

How Can I Speed Up the Healing Process After Having Had Vericous and Spider Veins Removed by Sclerotherapy?

Sclerotherapy healing

+2

It depends on what you're talking about - swelling or bruising, marks from needle injections or veins collapsing, vein discoloration as they disappear. Each step takes a certain amount of time to resolve and that's per-person. But consult your injecting physician if you have specific concerns about your healing process.

Healing after Sclerotherapy

+1
Studies have shown that wearing compression stockings for longer periods of time helps with the healing process after Sclerotherapy.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Several options.

+1

Bruising is very common following sclerotherapy for both spider and varicose veins.  Post treatment compression therapy will help to diminish the bruising.  Arnica montana is often used by my patients to decrease bruising and discoloration.  It doesn't work for all but many swear by it.  There is another cream called auriderm which has also worked for decreasing bruising.  Finally apply Vit E or aloe applied topically had been shown to improve any inflammation.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy Recovery Period

+1

Thank you for your question. Bruising can last up to 2 weeks especially if an individual is taking any blood thinners. I would follow the post care instructions such as wearing compression stockings to help speed up the healing process. Sometimes laser may be an option for bruising, though it will all resole with time.  I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Sclerotherapy

+1

It depends on whether there is swelling, bruising, or marks from the needle injection sites.  Everyone is very different in how they heal.  I would recommend that you follow-up with your physician to discuss your concerns.

Sam Naficy, MD

Healing After Sclerotherapy

+1

Depending on which part of the healing process you are referring to, it's difficult to suggest ways to help you recover more quickly. If you are still early on in the healing process, some bruising and swelling is to be expected and will resolve on its own over time. Wearing medical graduated compression stockings properly fit by a sclerotherapy nurse will help speed healing. Also, during the first week it is good to stay active by getting up and walking around while wearing the compression stockings. If you're worried that your recovery process is taking longer than expected, it's a good idea to follow up with the physician who performed your treatment.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Healing after Sclerotherapy Can be Accelerated ...

+1

Accelerated healing for pigmentation is best accomlished by wearing stockings religiously for at least 3 months and also placing cremes to reduce hyerpigmentation - hyerigmentation is the most common issue that patients note after sclerotherapy and laser treatments for spider veins, reticular veins and varicose veins. I recommend the use of 2 cremes - VenoQuin and VenoLucent to be alternated daily for 3-6 months.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Healing suggestions after sclerotherapy

+1

Wear compression for as long as the therapist recommends.  This keeps areas from developing brown spots and localized clots.  Report any non-healing injection sites.

James Carraway, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Healing After Sclerotherapy

+1

Difficult to answer this question without knowing exactly what kind of symptoms you are experiencing. Typically, patients experience mild soreness and bruising in the areas treated and then temporary discoloration. Generally speaking, I recommend wearing compression hose and elevating the legs when possible. If you are concerned about your healing, I recommend you consult with the physician who did the treatment.   

Channing R. Barnett, MD