What is Best Solution for 85 Year Old Man with Severe Mouth Lines? (photo)

Greetings, my 85 year old dad has severe mouth lines. At his age, he does not want to do a facelift but he wants to do something as the lines are so deep he drools. He tried fat fillers and they did help somewhat but did not last long. He is considering Artefill. Is that his best choice? Pics attached. Thanks much, Michele

Radiesse for Wrinkles

+1

I would suggest a non-surgical cheek and jowl lift with Radiesse to address his nasolabial folds and marionette lines (wrinkles around his mouth) and the surrounding area. The calcium hydroxyapatite microspheres in Radiesse provide temporary structural support to areas of the face. The calcium compound is naturally found in bones and cartilage, and works by interacting with tissue close to the injection site. This supports new collagen fibers, which create contours and add volume.

Tissue growth near injections last two to three months to create new contours and eliminate recesses or sagging. The efficacy of Radiesse lasts 12 to 18 months on average. It also has a thicker consistency than both Restylane or Juvéderm, which are both are hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers. Injections cost about $950 per enhancement.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for the lower face

+1

Michele. Your father would benefit from the use of a dermal filler.  Various dermal fillers are available in the market, with different properties, uses and longevity. I suggest he consults his dermatologist and choose the most appropriate product for his needs.  

Ivan Camacho, MD, FAAD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon