1 Month of Solodyn Doesn't Seem to Help. What Other Options Do I Have?

SHould I wait it out longer and see what happens or try something else? It seems like ive tried alot like: minocyline, doxycline (which may be allergic to but not positive)and also Bactrim. Which did pretty well but was told i cant be on that for a long period of time. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!

Acne Treatment Advice

+2

With any ACNE program, you must give it 2-3 months to see if it has a chance to work.  Staying on a particular pill for a month and then changing or giving up is not the way to go.  If you do that, you may be changing the program too soon and rejecting a pill that ultimately may work.  Even though you are impatient, you must learn to "take it slow."

Buffalo Dermatologist

Options for acne therapy

+1

You need about 2 months of taking a medicine correctly before you cut and run. While many therapies suppress acne while they are used, you break out again the minute you stop. You don't want to ride a wild roller coaster of acne treatment. You want a kiddie coaster. Talk with your dermatologist about your expectations and consider isotretinoin therapy.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist