Can I Smoke Pot 2 Days After Juvaderm Injections?

Two days ago I went to get my first Juvaderm injections in my lips. I've been icing like I'm supposed to but my friends are having a get together and I was wondering if smoking Marijuana would be harmful to my new lips? Could it potentially cause brusing and or swelling? Also, if I am not a regular smoker, would smoking pot have a negative impact on the longevity of the Juvaderm? Thanks!

Pot Can Be Smoked if Legal

+2

Pot will not have a long term outcome of the results of your Juvederm.  The only issue I can see you getting into is with the law.....

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pass That Syringe of Juvederm Mahnaan...Does Smoking Pot Affect Juvederm in the Lips?

+2

Hi Lolita,

Smoking marijuana will be no more harmful to the Juvederm in your lips as will  be to the rest of your body.  The only way that it could possibly cause potential bruising and swelling is if you bite your lip too many times because of the muchies.  The fact that you are not a regular smoker will not have a negative effect on the longevity of the Juvederm in your lips, but you may be susceptable to "freaking out" about your new lips, particularly if your more experienced friends make you feel a little paranoid, but they wouldn't do that while they were high, would they?

Enjoy your new lips.  Pass that syringe of Juvederm.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Smoking after Juvederm injection

+1

There isn't any relation with smoking to your filler injection aside from maybe delaying the healing (bruising/swelling) although in the long run it can be an issue to your health.

Best regards, 

Appropriate post-treatment care after Juvederm

+1

While it may not be advisable for other reasons, with regards to Juvederm, the pot smoking will not have any observable effect.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Smoking pot after Juvederm

+1

Smoking pot or cigarettes after Juvederm or other wrinkle fillers will have no effect on the filler or on bruising in the short term. Smoking will however lead to possibly less duration of effect as the treated area will be used more and thus the filler would break down faster. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I smoke pot right after an minor aesthetic procedure?

+1

Sure!   It probably won't have much physical effect, but it might delude you to into believing you look even better than you actually do!   :)

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and smoking

+1

Smoking will not have an effect on your Juvederm injections in the lip. Nevertheless, smoking in general can cause fine wrinkle formation in the lips.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Marijuana and Juvederm are unlikely to interact

+1

There is no reason to believe marijuana would have any specific effect on Juvederm, or the bruising and swelling that follows Juvederm injection.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Marijuana use and Juvederm

+1

There isn't any testing on marijuana and any cosmetic products, for obvious reasons, so I can't say if it will affect the longevity of the Juvederm. It will not make you more prone to swelling or bruising though.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm Injection

+1

As physician I do not condone smoking marijuana however there is not evidence that it can harm your juvederm injection or cause bruising or swelling post treatment.

Dr. David Ellis

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

artoffacialsurgery.com

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon