Smartlipo - 8 Weeks Post and Little Change?

Before: Healthy weight/shape before (5'8"/140#/size 6) Procedure: Abs/flanks/inner thighs Smartlipo, cost (with discount) $10,500 Complication: Seromas, drained several times Current (8 weeks): Def some change, clothes a *little* bit looser, but scale higher I've read to expect 80-90% results at 8 weeks, others that say not to judge until 6mo. 3 separate surgeries, $10k+ spent. No clothes size change. Could really use some words of hope?

Smartlipo results

+1
Despite claims to the contrary, Smartlipo can take longer to fully heal and for swelling to resolve than other types of liposuction.  Hang in there, wear your compression garments and keep your doctor involved with all of your concerns. Two months is still early and I would wait another 2 or 3 months before final results are in. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

It is too early for you to judge your smartlipo session

+1

some patients will show a change in 2 weeks but many can take 2 months just to start to see any change. some may take longer. i tell my patients that you will not reach your maximum improvement for  6 months or longer. it is much too early for you to asses your results.

david berman md

plastic surgeon, northern va

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo healing

+1

Smartlipo takes time to heal, please be patient. This is normal; even though you may not feel swollen you are still swollen under the skin. Follow up with your surgeon to make sure you are healing correctly.

Bruce E. Katz, MD