How Long Do You Wear Compression Garment After Smart Lipo?

I had Smart Lipo done two weeks ago on my abs, love handles, and inner and outer thighs. I am concerned after reading all of these posts because my doc told me to only wear my compression garment for ONE week and so I followed his advice. Now I have read recommendations to wear it 2-4 weeks, so I have put mine back on. Will I have negative results for not wearing the compression garment at all last week (2 weeks out from the procedure)?

My advice is to wear your garment until the swelling is GONE

...after all, you had SmartLipo to shrink and tighten the skin. Allowing it to become swollen and stretched out by removing compression too soon, in my opinion, undoes the surgery. Wear the garment until you don't have noticeable swelling and your result will be much better.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Time for Compression Lipo Garment

When should a #CompressionGarment be worn? Typically for my patients it is put on immediately after surgery. It may not make that much of a difference if you wait several days. I don't think anyone knows for sure. If you have had suction of the knees, thigh, or abdomen, the doctor will usually have put on a compression garment at the end of the surgery. The extra pressure this garment provides helps reduce swelling and discomfort. You should not remove this garment at all until the second or third day after surgery. After that, feel free to remove the garment temporarily for laundering. We want you to have circumferential pressure for 4-6 weeks, but you may switch to an exercise garment (Lycra or Spandex) whenever it feels comfortable to slip it on or off, as you will have to do so in order to go to the bathroom, take a shower or wash the garment. See the below link for more helpful information.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Generally 3 weeks

You should listen to your surgeon about why they recommended you wear your garment for one week. However I generally recommend patients wear their compression garment day and night for 3 weeks, then another 3 weeks during the day only.