How Long Do You Wear Compression Garment After Smart Lipo?

I had Smart Lipo done two weeks ago on my abs, love handles, and inner and outer thighs. I am concerned after reading all of these posts because my doc told me to only wear my compression garment for ONE week and so I followed his advice. Now I have read recommendations to wear it 2-4 weeks, so I have put mine back on. Will I have negative results for not wearing the compression garment at all last week (2 weeks out from the procedure)?

My advice is to wear your garment until the swelling is GONE

+2

...after all, you had SmartLipo to shrink and tighten the skin. Allowing it to become swollen and stretched out by removing compression too soon, in my opinion, undoes the surgery. Wear the garment until you don't have noticeable swelling and your result will be much better.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon